7 replies to this topic

#1 sully

sully

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 06:11 PM

i backed up 3 games toady and none of them workd - i tried them 20 mins later and they ALL worked - weird?

just wondering is this normal behaviour for a burned dvd, and is it possible that if you try to use them immediately after burning them are you likely to cause damage to them?

#2 Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Hacking Horse

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,588 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 March 2004 - 06:19 PM

No that's not normal.

#3 pemby

pemby

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 06:33 PM

I usually put my burned discs in the refgrigerator for about 15 minutes after I burn them. This helps to cool them down a little. I generally remove the discs from the tray with tongs to keep from burning myself. HAHAHAHA LOL. Just kidding guys. I just had to reply to this post with some humor.

Big Pemby

#4 sully

sully

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 07:20 PM

very funny pempy tongue.gif

well actualy when i take out my dvd's outt my burner they are very hot so was just wonderin since why would they work later in my xbox but not straight away? laugh away when u figure out why - today is not the first time this has happened either

#5 fandabidozi

fandabidozi

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 120 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 March 2004 - 09:11 PM

I think you need to stop smokin the funny fags

they will either work or not

the heat makes no difference what so ever

when the DVD is in the drive the temp goes up enourmously so it would also stop workin after so long if it was the heat

its more likely to be your box thats got the problem

i know where your comin from tho you think while its sill hot and the molecules are not settled but they are cos there verified while there writin so it would fail if its dodgy while hot.

your not bootin it from eject then waiting a bit then bootin it with dic in are you?

this is probably why as some of my burns only work if booted while in the drive and xbox is powered on on some boxes

#6 sully

sully

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 10:40 AM

fandabidozi, nah i tried both ways - disk inserted then boot, then insert after boot and didnt work but worked later on! but hey- i suppose it doesnt matter since they work now! but thanks for understanding what i was thinkin beerchug.gif

#7 NOLF

NOLF

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 11:04 AM

i experienced the same thing when i put a newly burned cd into any other reader immediately . doesnt happen all the time tho

#8 chilin_dude

chilin_dude

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,945 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 April 2004 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE (Mr Ed @ Mar 31 2004, 08:19 PM)
No that's not normal.

weird, i put mine IMMEDIATELY in my box and they work!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users