X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts
  • Interests:I like fat pusť
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 April 2004 - 03:20 PM

I have a really annoying bug in my UnleashX. Whenver i try to load apps or a game, someteims my xbox freezes. Sometimes when i change the skin it'll work agian but like 60% of the time, it doesnt work

#2 michelkenny

michelkenny

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 07:25 PM

By any chance are you using a very old version of UnleashX? The old ones have been known to crash a lot, but the new ones seem to have fixed those problems.

#3 lotw

lotw

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (michelkenny @ Apr 1 2004, 09:25 PM)
By any chance are you using a very old version of UnleashX? The old ones have been known to crash a lot, but the new ones seem to have fixed those problems.

Sometimes the filemanager locks up when copying or using the copy command. The Disccopy one seems to work fine without problems so far. I only found the copy command problem when I tried to create a custom Install CD.

#4 WeatherB

WeatherB

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 April 2004 - 05:44 PM

I have the same exact problem... Sometimes the xbox will crash after the loading screen (when I select a game, app, or MS dashboard). Even after I turn off and on, the same thing happens. I need to do this a couple of times before everything will return to normal.

I am using the newest release from "the usual place"

#5 iphopper

iphopper

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 04:01 PM

i'm loving the new version, lockups are down significantly. though, they *do* happen once in a blue moon. that's fair enough.

what gets me is that since a couple days ago, when i reset my xbox, unleashx loads up and goes straight to the file manager. i haven't changed any setting or anything. i didn't think unleashx had any kinda quicklaunch option or anything.

if it helps, it's a 1.0 box running a newer x2 bios (i'd specify, but i'm at work) with the latest unleashx version.

#6 futbol4kee

futbol4kee

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 03 April 2004 - 05:21 PM

i have occasional lockups... probaly 2 out of every 10 times

#7 lotw

lotw

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (futbol4kee @ Apr 3 2004, 07:21 PM)
i have occasional lockups... probaly 2 out of every 10 times

What version of UnleashX, I haven't had any lockups except when the copy command is used in a menu batch with the newest one.

#8 iphopper

iphopper

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 12:39 AM

i'm still wondering why my unleashx goes straight to file manager after the intro finishes. with every skin i have, this happens. :/ i've went through my config, and see nothing about this.

anyone with an idea?

#9 SpikeMage

SpikeMage

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE (iphopper @ Apr 4 2004, 02:39 AM)
i'm still wondering why my unleashx goes straight to file manager after the intro finishes. with every skin i have, this happens. :/ i've went through my config, and see nothing about this.

anyone with an idea?

I would try starting with a fresh config.

#10 lotw

lotw

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 03:35 AM

QUOTE (iphopper @ Apr 4 2004, 02:39 AM)

anyone with an idea?

Do you have a disc in the drive when you turn on the Xbox, if you have the autoload on and it sees a disc as data, it pulls up the filemanager.

#11 futbol4kee

futbol4kee

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 04 April 2004 - 08:07 PM

What version of UnleashX, I haven't had any lockups except when the copy command is used in a menu batch with the newest one.

newest...

#12 Camstheman

Camstheman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts
  • Interests:I like fat pusť
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 08 April 2004 - 11:56 PM

Sry im late, but yea...i do have the latest version of unleash x

#13 unleashx

unleashx

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 10 April 2004 - 06:09 AM

The current release would lock up if you just turned your xbox on, then proceed to select a game immediately. The problem only occurs if you are using BGM and have quite a number of music in there. When you launch any title, the dash releases all resources, but It takes a while to finish initiating BGM, and here's where the problem occurs. Same goes true if you turn it on and insert a game disc, it would lock up. It's already fixed and the only resolution for now is to wait a bit while before launching games. Wait till you see the title of the song (provided your skin shows this info). Takes at least a couple of sec.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users