My 120gb Hd Is On Its Way
Posted 01 April 2004 - 06:08 PM
But I orderd a 120 Maxtor to run with my exploit when I get it running gonna write a funky tutorial for my mates
Posted 01 April 2004 - 06:32 PM
I can recommend cloning your drive using linux. Doesn't have to be a speciel linux with fatx support or anything. All that's needed is :
1) get your xbox eeprom
2) Hotswap stock xbox drive (or unlock with passwd from evox/ConfigMagic)
3) Attach stock xbox HD and new HD to your PC (assuming xbox HD primary master and new drive primary slave)
4) boot a linux distro. Could be xlinux booted from cdrom-drive.
5) Be very sure the stock xbox HD is /dev/hda and the new drive is /dev/hdb. Running
Will list the drives attached and you should be able to tell which is which.
Clone the HD.
|dd if=/dev/hda of=/dev/hdb bs=512k|
6) Use liveinfo and your xbox eeprom to generate passwd for the new drive.
7) Lock it with unlockx.
Posted 01 April 2004 - 06:35 PM
Edited by ldots, 01 April 2004 - 06:36 PM.
Posted 01 April 2004 - 06:41 PM
|It's a nice safe feeling to be doing all the exploiting and experimenting on a new drive and have the stock-drive tugged away in case something should go wrong.|
yeh man, I was gonna do a similer thing, but based around this:
i.e. unlock my stock, clone it and then hide it away somewhere safe
I was gonna use Norton Ghost, well just becuase im used to it...
|4) boot a linux distro. Could be xlinux booted from cdrom-drive.|
your idea sounds great, I have a knopix CD somewhere
Posted 01 April 2004 - 07:01 PM
|QUOTE (Xboxhakur_band @ Apr 1 2004, 08:49 PM)|
| Then there's the 30 min upgrade, using all legal software and very fast.|
The program actually duped my 10 gig in under 5 minutes.
Stock HD upgrade in under 30 min
just wanna say, you da man
Hope you like my Best of Both world feature...
5 mins eh? sounds like a plan!
Arnt exploits great
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users