spillage

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 01 April 2004 - 07:51 PM

I was reading a thread the other day and the guy mentioned he had put the box power switch under the jewel but had to remove it because it was too big. I wanna adapt it and include it in my new case and document it in my tut.

PM dude if you were the original thinker please.

#2 gompee

gompee

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 10:57 PM

I did this mod about a month ago. here is the tread that I posted when I did it, I dont think that anyone had done it before then ?

I never removed mine. Its still working sweet, I'm in the process of cutting out front power eject buttons and placing a jewel in there.

#3 buttface96

buttface96

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 April 2004 - 11:31 PM

just curious, how would that work? Do u push the jewel in, and the system turns on? Thats pretty cool, and original! Good Job

#4 gompee

gompee

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 11:46 PM

just curious, how would that work? Do u push the jewel in, and the system turns on? Thats pretty cool, and original! Good Job

With mine I push the front of the jewel to power on and the back to eject. Im working on other switches for lights on /off and other things, all under the jewel.

#5 spillage

spillage

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 08:51 AM

Gompee, I must say that that is both cool and disappointing. Cool because it is a brilliant idea Ė much kudos and respect my friend. Disappointing because that is the adaption I wanted to do and I didnít think of it. dry.gif When I searched for jewel power switch, I didnít find your thread. Anyways, I wanted your permission to copy your work and give you a shout in my tutorial.

#6 gompee

gompee

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 04:36 PM

Permission granted lol. laugh.gif

Yeah sure copy away, not a problem here. Im just glad someone likes what I've done.
Would'nt mind a squiz at your tutorial when your finished (I'm hopeless at that kinda stuff)

#7 spillage

spillage

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 05:22 PM

Thank you. biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif

I will indeed let you know the moment it is ready to be uploaded to my website. laugh.gif

#8 gompee

gompee

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 11:41 PM

Good luck with your tutorial

I cant wait to see how you've done your jewel switch mod. I'm sure there are some different innovative ways of doing this.
My idea was quite simple, only took 30 mins to come up with that one, when I wrecked my front power eject panel.
Ain't it funny how when you stuff up one mod it leads to an Idea for another. biggrin.gif

#9 spillage

spillage

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 08:22 AM

When I have a valid update to post I do so on the All Outputs Configurable thread in A/V. Thanks Gompee. beerchug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users