X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 02 April 2004 - 02:12 AM

Ok, here it goes....

I purchased a chameleon modchip from eb2k earlier this year. I installed it and it worked great for a month or so and then one day my xbox did the frag thing; wouldn't boot, booted once the next day, and then nothing. Xbox works fine with chip pulled, but frags with it in. I looked and asked around and someone told me it was probably the bios. I had flashed bank one with an xecuter bios, which presumably went bad, but for some reason it also wouldn't boot to any of the bios banks which, unless the chip was broken, must have never had cromwell...(cromwell only on bank one is all I can figure which I wrote over) Well, since then I've had absolutely no luck in flashing the chip. I've tried everything I can think of/read about doing:

1. Matrix programmer
--->A. On 4 different computers
--------->i. WinLPC -- Chip not found!
--------->ii. Xodus Programmer -- Chip not found! (get red light on chip when I select scan from menu and also for a few secs right when I connect to lpt port)
--->B. Two different brand new battery -- Tested and were both over 9v

2. Hotflash w/ a friends xbox
--->A. Freinds chip xecuter2.3 pro.
'-->Loaded Evox, FTP'd both cromwell and xecuter2 4980 bioses to xbox, unplugged/desoldered his modchip, installed chameleon using solderless adapter, tried the flash bios utility.... Tried both cromwell and xecuter bioses and got same results with both... Dialog box says "erasing bios", status bar flies across box, then it says "writing bios now!", but it freezes there.

That is where I currently stand as of today. I wasn't sure if you could hotswap with different chips, but I got the impression from other posts that it could be done and didn't see any harm in trying it since the chips job is basically done after bios is loaded.
Maybe the hotflash thing just wont work but the programmer should right? If my hotswap methods should work and there is another problem, please help; if that can't be done, please let me know; if you can help me out in any way, please do.

Thanks, and sorry for the long post, but I don't know any shorter way of presenting my case. :-)

Oh yea: v1.0 xbox, Chameleon v1.3 (I think), Maxtor 120 gig hd, Evox on hd

#2 Big_Peb

Big_Peb

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 April 2004 - 04:40 PM

did you try flashing the other banks witht he programmer or just bank 0? contact eb2k, you might have a bad chip

#3 lildave151

lildave151

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 05:33 PM

Actually, as I stated above, I could never get the programmer or actually the computer to recognize the programmer and chip when connected to the computer. Therefore I never even could get to the step to chose a bank to flash with the programming software. As for the bad chip, I know that could be a possibility but why would it all of a sudden stop working? Thanks for the help, but anyone else have an idea?

#4 MaHoRo X

MaHoRo X

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 08 April 2004 - 12:04 AM

eb2k will not refund because that chip is discontinued. trie to get the programer working. check you battery and check the manual from xodus.

#5 lildave151

lildave151

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 02:21 AM

Thanks, but I've tried all of that. I actually tested the batteries I've tried with a voltmeter and both were over 9v, one actually close to 10v. Unless I have a bad programmer, I can't think of any other way to try to get that to work. Anything else...? Thanks again for your responses Peb and Mahoro.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users