3 replies to this topic

#1 notsloth

notsloth

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 03:24 PM

Just searched and couldnt find any posts about this problem, so hopefully this hasnt been covered before ...

I've been trying to run Kawa-X and Mame-oX using my mame 0.80 romset, but because of changes to neo-geo games in (I think) around mame 0.79u2 I get a whole lot of neogeo games not working.

Since I cant expect a Kawa-X update to match the new roms, does anyone know a way to convert 0.80 neo-geo roms back to 0.79 ?

#2 Prican24

Prican24

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 02 April 2004 - 05:37 PM

yeah this is gonna be a prob for anyone wanting to get roms now for kawa-x since kawa-x won't be updated.

this also applies to fbax users too unless you can compile it where you can some what dupe it (add a rom twice in the driver).

don't think theres a way to revert it back to the old since the roms were cut down in size

Edited by Prican24, 02 April 2004 - 05:39 PM.

#3 southbark

southbark

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 11:44 PM

Look around or check out the fremamerom burn project a lot of those guys keep older versions around for people who want them,Hell i have 0.76-0.79 all the roms on like 30 disc

#4 Manabyte

Manabyte

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 02:13 PM

Don't quote me, but I thought I read something in another post that said ClrMAME can rename roms to previous sets using the DATs. I use Romcenter so I haven't verified that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users