X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 April 2004 - 07:00 PM

OK, WIP Build 1195 is now up.

Bug fixes? Erm, not many. I'll look at some of these as soon as I can. Biggest thing in this release is a greatly improved HTTP Client. It handles relocations and cookies.

Slight enhancement to WebFileFetch:

WebFileFetch <DestFilePath> <SourceURL> [<SavedFileVar>|""|.] [<ResultCodeVar>]

[<SavedFileVar>|""|.] = If a variable name is specified here, it will allow relocations (302 results from HTTP server) to change the filename. If you specify "" or . here, it will force it to save the file to the exact name specified.

[<ResultCodeVar>] = The variable name to store the result code in.

This allows a bit more flexibility. For WIP testers working on the Games DB thing and retrieving preview files, you can now go hog wild (well, within daily limits KF imposes wink.gif ).

#92 flattspott

flattspott

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 10 April 2004 - 08:47 PM

Cool, how about some examples though, specifically the [<SavedFileVar>|""|.] [<ResultCodeVar>]. I am unsure how I'd use this. If I had an eaxmple...

Like this,
CODE

WebFileFetch Z:\%theFile% http://ww.somesite.com/file.rar "" theFile

Edited by flattspott, 10 April 2004 - 08:54 PM.

#93 koldfuzion

koldfuzion

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 08:47 PM

i've got one more mod to do, split out the videos and compression in the xml. then i will get to work on filling the database and adding a few videos.

im almost [--this close---] to having it all ready to move to xbox-skin.net

#94 geniusalz

geniusalz

Team MXM

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 April 2004 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (flattspott @ Apr 10 2004, 05:47 PM)
Cool, how about some examples though, specifically the [<SavedFileVar>|""|.] [<ResultCodeVar>]. I am unsure how I'd use this. If I had an eaxmple...

Like this,
CODE

WebFileFetch Z:\%theFile% http://ww.somesite.com/file.rar "" theFile

An example:

WebFileFetch Z:\temp.rar http://www.axs.com/g...n.php?id=123431 "" result

This will download the file to Z:\temp.rar, and put the result code in the variable 'result' (200 if download successful, something else if something else, etc)

WebFileFetch Z:\temp.rar http://www.axs.com/g...n.php?id=123431 newFileName result

This will get the filename from the server, and put the name into the specified variable. So it will save as Z:\Scarface.rar or whatever.

#95 koldfuzion

koldfuzion

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 09:43 PM

just sent BLazeD the preliminary file so the database can go to its official host. should be set up soon so it can begin to get populated. smile.gif

Edit: oh yea, BJ, i got around to setting a "TimeLeft" cookie if the user meets the daily download limit.

value= "Everyone is limited to XX Downloads in 24 hours. You have XX hours XX minutes and XX seconds to wait before downloads are re-enabled"

will actionscripts/MXM be able to pull/check for that cookie and return the value?

if its in the WIP info.. ignore me, i havent had a chance to get/try the WIP yet.

BTW, BlazeD wanted/needed the download limit I didnt force it on him smile.gif

Edited by koldfuzion, 11 April 2004 - 09:51 PM.

#96 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (koldfuzion @ Apr 11 2004, 06:43 PM)
just sent BLazeD the preliminary file so the database can go to its official host. should be set up soon so it can begin to get populated. smile.gif

Edit: oh yea, BJ, i got around to setting a "TimeLeft" cookie if the user meets the daily download limit.

value= "Everyone is limited to XX Downloads in 24 hours. You have XX hours XX minutes and XX seconds to wait before downloads are re-enabled"

will actionscripts/MXM be able to pull/check for that cookie and return the value?

if its in the WIP info.. ignore me, i havent had a chance to get/try the WIP yet.

BTW, BlazeD wanted/needed the download limit I didnt force it on him smile.gif

Hmmm... I'll see about adding the ability to retrieve the cookie information.

#97 koldfuzion

koldfuzion

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 12:35 AM

cool, thanks BJ.

here is the Official URLfor the database at xbox-skins.net

you can get the the xml file from the page.. or use this quick link

Now that that much is done, its time to watch a movie with my girl, before she rips my head off for staying on the computer all weekend smile.gif

I will make the actionscripts (hdd and single dvd) to create compatible xml that you can send us to update the database with and will get that out shortly.

Plus, flattspott should be back tomorrow, he has A-D done so far, just needs to be imported.

#98 flattspott

flattspott

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 01:48 AM

Man, let me tell you, this is a lot of work. I got all the info xml'd up to L and some other random letters. Also have all the info ready to go for M - N just need to stick it into an xml form. Then I'll be left with P, R, S, T and U. The S section is huge compared to the other letters though. That's gonna take a while.

I'll be cranking it out all night.

PS:
I confess, I haven't been working on it all weekend, I got a little side tracked with Ninja Gaiden. smile.gif

#99 oswald

oswald

X-S Genius

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Interests:kicking ass and taking names in the BST forum
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 April 2004 - 06:26 PM

I confess, I haven't been working on it all weekend, I got a little side tracked with Ninja Gaiden. 

I have nothing to add to this discussion, I just wanted my glorious 500th post to be in the MXM forum and this is a way to make sure.

SPOOOOOOOOOOOON!

#100 koldfuzion

koldfuzion

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 07:38 PM

lol oswald.

flattspot, can i get what you have so far, so i can import it and start linking the videos and any other info that might be missing

then i will work from the Z's back towards the S.

#101 flattspott

flattspott

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 07:59 PM

Sure, I'll PM you as soon as email it so you'll know when it's there like always.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users