Grendal

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 April 2004 - 06:51 PM

So I got on XBC for the first time today (upgraded internet connection) and got in some guy named Take_it_easy or something like that's match. The score had been modified to be first to 100 kills.

He did an all sniper game in Battle Creek and had twice as much kills as anybody else, and was doing some suspicious things, like headshooting me the exact instant I came thru a teleporter. He was the only one on his box so he couldn't have known I was coming. Glasshouse mod?

Anyway, I asked him what all he hacked and he said it was a gamesave he downloaded. To my knowledge, it's not possible to do any interesting hacks on the saves. He also knew about TDATA and UDATA so he obviously modded his Xbox.

He kicked me out of the room before I could get much info out of him.

#2 Zero_Cool

Zero_Cool

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 April 2004 - 07:25 PM

well the game saves explains the 100 kills but the glasshouse im pretty damn sure is impossible to do with a game save, not to mention if you did do it with a game save it would be on all the boxes in the room, the 100 fits but the glass doesnt, maybe he was just really really lucky or really really good.

#3 Moleman

Moleman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 07:47 PM

Or maybe he was using a gamesave in conjunction with glasshouse

#4 Grendal

Grendal

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 April 2004 - 08:14 PM

Oh. I didn't know you hacked the gamesave for that. I've never tried it myself. As far as the teleporter headshot thingy, he must have just been lucky.

Having twice as many kills is also easy to explain--he was really good, had the host advantage, and was doing sniper-only. Kind of cheap IMO. From now on, I'm only playing on XBC with people I know.

BTW--How do you hack the game save to get that many kills? 50 just isn't enough on LAN parties.

#5 Zero_Cool

Zero_Cool

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 02:01 AM

theres a couple posts on it try the user posted image button

#6 JBNinja99

JBNinja99