1 reply to this topic

#1 Wulf_gar

Wulf_gar

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 11:19 PM

Hi All,

I was recently looking at the contents of the C: drive on my XBOX, and noticed a folder called "xodash" that I don't think was originally there when I first got my XBOX.

Now for the questions (sorry that there are so many):

1. Is this "xodash" folder and its contents what is written to my HD when I run an XBOX Live Enabled game? (I do not subscribe to XBOX Live)

If 1. above is true, then:

2. Are there any other files or folders that are written to the HD?

3. Can I delete this folder without messing things up?

4. Can the writing of these files to my HD be prevented, or is it going to happen every time I run a Live Enabled game?

5. Is there a difference between A. Booting the XBOX with the Live Enabled game in the DVD drive and having it autostart as opposed to B. Booting with the DVD tray empty, thus booting to the Evox dashboard, and then putting the game in and running it?

6. What are the implications if I have my network cable plugged in and my modchip turned on when I boot this game?

Thanks a bunch!

-Wulfgar

#2 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 April 2004 - 01:42 AM

1. Is this "xodash" folder and its contents what is written to my HD when I run an XBOX Live Enabled game? (I do not subscribe to XBOX Live)

Its files for the Xbox Live part of your MS dash. Delete the folder, and Live won't work on your MS dash.

Is there a difference between A. Booting the XBOX with the Live Enabled game in the DVD drive and having it autostart as opposed to B. Booting with the DVD tray empty, thus booting to the Evox dashboard, and then putting the game in and running it?

None, just don't access Live with the modchip on in the game. And be sure to disable auto sign-in in the MS dash.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users