#1 mkjones

mkjones

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 03:06 PM

Best of Both Worlds - FTP Package
Running Fonts & Audio, this package/tutorial that contains the Catfish/MA fonts and the stable ST.DB audio file from Catfish/Morden.

NOTE: This is a simple FTP based package to installing what I call "The Best of Both Worlds" a way to run Fonts and Audio together using the most recent and most stable hacks. The original tutorial thread is HERE

You MAY wish to read this if you are using Mordens audio hack OR have MechAssault/007 I recommend using my original tutorial if you DO smile.gif

For the rest of you.....

Before you start
If you are a noob, and want to know what the 2 exploits ARE and how they work, read this:
What are the Font and Audio Exploits?
Its a little bit of text I wrote to get you started...
AND, take a look at:
Checklists For Fonts/audio Exploits
Another cool guide with some info so you dont mess up..

WARNING!
Changing the files on your Xbox hard drive is dangerous and in some cases could lead to you totally messing up your games console, leaving you with a large unattractive paperweight!! Make sure you know what you are doing before attempting any of the following.

Ensure to back up your entire C drive as soon as you get FTP access to your xbox. Back it up to your PCs hard drive AND a CDROM just in case. You may need it at some point to "re-virginize" your xbox

What will I need?
- FTP access to your Xbox
- An FTP Client such as FlashFXP
- The mkjones-BOBW.zip file from Xbins

What will this do?
It will install The Catfish-MA fonts AND the hacked ST.DB audio file on your xbox. Then you can use a script that allows you to enable-disable the fonts.

So how does it work?
Once the Fonts are enabled the tab will say "PHOENIX" and you will be able to use Ripped Audio, also the activation is a simple one button press smile.gif

Once the Fonts are disabled the tab will return to the original Xbox-live, but and you will NOT be able to use Ripped Audio etc. To enable the hack you need to do a key combo on your game pad that basically tries to copy a hacked Audio Soundtrack.

OK, Getting started.
Before you start read THIS and learn how to use xbins. Its basically an IRC channel/FTP site that has all the goods.

For information how to use Xbins click see this page:
- http://www.xbox-scen...icles/xbins.php

FTP ACCESS
Xbins contains the files that will allow you to get FTP access to your xbox, there are a few around and as long as you have either "Mech Assault" - "007: Agent Under Fire" or "Splinter Cell" you should be ok..

If you need to know MORE about how to get FTP access here are some tutorials:
- http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=183856
- http://www.lanceande..._xbox_guide.pdf (Same as the other but in PDF)

You can FTP to your xbox using its IP address and "xbox" as username and password.

BACK UP YOUR C DRIVE
Now you have FTP access to your Xbox back up your entire C drive. Back it up to your PCs hard drive AND a CDROM just in case. You may need it at some point to "re-virginize" your xbox

!DO NOT MISS OUT THIS STEP!
!NO REALLY - DO NOT MISS OUT THIS STEP!
!It has got ME out of a few problem situations in the past!

With FTP access to your Xbox unzip the mkjones-BOBW.zip file.

The 2 folders we need are C and E.

Now, connect to your xbox through FTP, you should see a screen like this if using FlashFXP:

user posted image

On the left are the 2 folders from the mkjones-BOBW.zip file, on the right is your xbox, cool smile.gif

now, open the C folder on both the PC and the Xbox it should look like this:

user posted image

Open the fonts folder on both sides:

user posted image

On your xbox you will see 2 fonts named Xbox.xtf and Xbox Book.xtf, on your PC you should have 2 font files named bert.xtf and ernie.xtf. These are the wonderful Catfish/MA fonts smile.gif

Now you have to re-name the fonts on your xbox to Xbox.bak and Xbox Book.bak like so:

user posted image

Then upload the bert and ernie font files!

user posted image

Congratulations, you have just installed the font hack! But we are not done just yet wink.gif

Next, open the E folder on your PC and the E drive on your xbox, you should see this:

user posted image

Now, simply upload the 'mxm' and 'PBL' folder to the xbox E drive, DO NOT copy the TDATA folder just yet:

user posted image

OK, once you have 'mxm' and 'PBL' on the E drive, open up the TDATA folders on both sides:

user posted image

On the xbox open the fffe0000 folder, do the same on your PC:

user posted image

Notice how they both have a music folder, open this on both sides:

user posted image

Now simply upload the st.hk file to this folder wink.gif

And we are DONE!

Now, reboot your xbox without a game in the drive. Your xbox should boot and instead of the XBOX LIVE tab you will see PHOENIX wink.gif press it! PBL 1.4.1 will load and then MXM!

From here you will see a folder called "Font/Audio Package" inside is the Font Hack Switch, this will turn OFF the font hack, test it now then reboot.

If it is all working XBOX LIVE should be back as normal, and you can boot MXM by pressing MUSIC and then:

"Down-A-DOWN-A-Right-Right-A-A-A"

If you did it right you should get to the "NAME SOUNDTRACK" screen and then BOOM! PBL-MXM will load wink.gif

Now....
If you want to take your Xbox on holiday, i.e. it will be "without power" for a good few hours, then ENABLE the audio hack until you arrive and have power again.

No more worries about the clock loop.
You can use ripped music
Less tired fingers for gaming smile.gif

Hope this helped some people. If it didn't, sorry sad.gif

Edited by mkjones, 07 April 2004 - 06:41 AM.

#2 jsrlepage

jsrlepage

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 April 2004 - 11:13 PM

this could come handy... thanks, worked perfectly.

i could apply this mod to my Splinter Cell tutorial...

#3 zorxd

zorxd

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 01:12 AM

Good package
now the perfect package would be a mech/007 installer for this package biggrin.gif

#4 Blank

Blank

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,660 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design, Gaming, HTML/Webpage Design, Programming, and Electronics
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 April 2004 - 01:19 AM

QUOTE (zorxd @ Apr 4 2004, 09:12 PM)
Good package
now the perfect package would be a mech/007 installer for this package biggrin.gif

It would be kind of hard considering the size of the files after you unzip them.

#5 liteon6x

liteon6x

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 01:25 AM

i dont see the package on xbins yet has anyone saw it

#6 Xboxhakur_band

Xboxhakur_band

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 05 April 2004 - 04:54 AM

Doesn't anyone read the readme???

#7 mkjones

mkjones

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 06:50 AM

i dont see the package on xbins yet has anyone saw it

HOPEFULLY! It should be there sometime this week smile.gif

Doesn't anyone read the readme???

Thats actually a good point, I have not added a decent README to the whole package as yet, only to the font/audio folders!

Will do it............... now jester.gif

#8 mkjones

mkjones

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 07:15 AM

OK, the package has a better Readme now, its based on this tutorial smile.gif

Also, should be on xbins some time soon!

#9 PC_Arcade

PC_Arcade

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 05 April 2004 - 09:25 AM

I'm a bit confused, I have a Catfish font / audio mechinstaller which has the switch built in which I downloaded from Xbins (although I believe an RC4 / Biosless version is available from maxconsole)

Isn't this the same thing, but without the easy installer and switching Evox for MXM??

Edited by PC_Arcade, 05 April 2004 - 09:26 AM.

#10 mkjones

mkjones

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 09:34 AM

QUOTE (PC_Arcade @ Apr 5 2004, 11:25 AM)
I'm a bit confused, I have a Catfish font / audio mechinstaller which has the switch built in which I downloaded from Xbins (although I believe an RC4 / Biosless version is available from maxconsole)

Isn't this the same thing, but without the easy installer and switching Evox for MXM??

I'm not sure becuase I have never used the installer, I did try it once to force a downgrade on an xbox but that was all..

If what you say is true then yes smile.gif its pretty much the same, but uses MXM and not evox.

I guess its just another way of doing things. Also my origional idea was just to help Morden users add the fonts smile.gif this package came about simply becuase people asked for it!

Anyhow, I am thinking about working on a multi-dash version, only problem is you would always need MXM to turn off the fonts. I guess it wouldnt be a real issue tho however smile.gif

#11 PC_Arcade

PC_Arcade

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 05 April 2004 - 11:58 AM

If you want a multi dash version I've got scripts for MXM, Evox and UnleashX that will change font to Audio (and vice versa).

Does MXM (or any other dah for that matter) support action scripting with no user input, i.e run a specified script as soon as it's finished loading?

#12 mkjones

mkjones

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 12:02 PM

If you want a multi dash version I've got scripts for MXM, Evox and UnleashX that will change font to Audio (and vice versa).

What about AVA does that have any kind of scripting? I had a look, but it seems like it does not!

I think I would rather create a simple MXM dash that has scripts to not only turn on/off the fonts but also change your default Dash too, I would then have this selectable in each dash menu as a main option wink.gif

This would be the best option IMO, as you always end up in a single place the "config" menu to change these settings.

If it works, it will be rather large, but without all the skins I may be able to get it down, anyway, give me a while.

Does MXM (or any other dah for that matter) support action scripting with no user input, i.e run a specified script as soon as it's finished loading?

Yes, MXM can do this I belive...

#13 colgate

colgate

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 06:26 PM

What will happen if I try this exploit package on a Xbox not live upgraded? Will it work or fuck up everything?

#14 mkjones

mkjones

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 08:04 PM

What will happen if I try this exploit package on a Xbox not live upgraded? Will it work or fuck up everything?

As far as I know it only works on the 4920 dash... Upgrade using MA/Slayer if you need to, I belive connecting to LIVE! will give you too high a dash upgrade for any of this to work...

#15 red12

red12

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 10:28 PM

just to double check with you., but with this ftp package, you rename the fonts to .bak and then put the font exploit on there.. wouldnt this start up with the font exploit running? or are they font exploited made to load up xboxdash.xbe?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users