25 replies to this topic

#1 generalnewbie

generalnewbie

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 06:53 PM

Notes: Bios thats used in this package thats included is X2.4981.06 (newest at the time & newest raincoat at the time .07) I take no responsiblilty if this does not work for you or anyone else use this package at your discression. Tested on xbox v1.4

Prerequisits:Format the memory card that you will use prior to use. You can do this from MSDASHBOARD Then Memory option

1. Unscrew the Case
-6 Screws

2. Find out what bios your TSOP is
- continue only if its a winbond (should have a globe looking icon on it) otherwise its a sharp
- I will be dealing with winbond but please note that a sharp uses different steps.
- Winbond needs raincoat to flash, Unsuccessful flashing bios from evox w/v1.4 Xbox must use Raincoat

3. Get Your bios. (if your going to be using anything other then X2.4981.06
-Im using X2.4981.06 Please Consider for the newbies out there to use the .06 no need to use the 67 version.
-Note if your wanting to change your bios file change it in these dirs
UDATA\21585554\000000000000\raincoat
replace your bios with bios.bin in the above folders keep same name "bios.bin"
UDATA\21585554\000000000000\bios -ONLY CHANGE IF YOU PLAN TO TRY TO FLASH VIA EVOX DASH and NOT RAINCOAT

4. Find the make/model of your xbox
-just distinguishing a 1.0/1.1 or 1.2+ (1.1 and below use different points)

5. Solder the points. You can use electrical tape around the points so that you dont' solder any of the wrong points.
-Easiest thing for me is to just drop some solder on the points
-No wires are needed since they are so close to each other
-Last tip is.. that worked best for me is to place a small spec of solder "on the points" then melt it

6. Once the points are soldered Turn on Xbox it will boot normal unless
- Some solder got on the other points but this shouldnt happen if you took my advice above
- Xbox will boot will boot normal but now the bios is writeable (if you did it correctly
- unless its a sharp, then you have to do the TWIST method

7. Next Download gamesave hack
- Transfer gamesave (splintercellsave_with_evox_raincoat-ntsc) hack from PC to a "MODDED" xbox through ftp
- Then Transfer gamesave hack from MODDED Xbox to the formated memory card. (Memory option in MSDASH)
- Note you will be copying 2 save game files over from this hack.(both have different icons)
- Now Start your Soldered XBOX with the MSDASH and COPY The gamesave hack from the memory card to the xbox hd.
- Note be sure you copied 2 save game files to the HD

8. Reboot Xbox and Start Splintercell via CD and then load saved game from HD
- Note if game does not exploit then your splitercell is patched obtain a older copy

9. Your Evox should be loaded now choose the option "Raincoat TSOP flash Utility" from the menu.
-Or you can attempt to Flash via EVOX method but it failed for me
-Run at your own risk

10. Run Raincoat You should hear some strange sounds and music and see the linux penquin Tux in the screen.
-Note once raincoat has started you can telnet into the xbox

11. open dos prompt type: telnet 192.168.0.64

12. username: root

13. password: xbox
-at this point i did have a error popup at the top about some userfile directory i ignored it and continued

14. type cd ../../media/E/UDATA/21585554/000000000000/raincoat

15. type ./raincoat -r orig_bios.bin <---- this is to backup yor original xbox bios.

16. type ./raincoat -p bios.bin <---- to flash tsop.

17. Reboot your xbox. You should have a new bios and you can install a new HD

TUTORIAL BY GENERALNEWBIE ENJOY

-- if i left anything out let me know

#2 Yuyu

Yuyu

X-S Spirit Detective

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts
  • Interests:Football (Soccer) ... Umm, Xbox?
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 04 April 2004 - 08:06 PM

added to pinned tuts good job wink.gif

#3 terrorvis

terrorvis

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 April 2004 - 06:39 AM

Nice work. Could do with a link to a sharp tut though... rather than just saying 'twist method', but very well done.

#4 dabolikk

dabolikk

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Internet, Linux, Programming and Video Games.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 05 April 2004 - 02:02 PM

Great guide generalnewbie... i hope that the package will be more accesible to everyone soon. Im planing to do the same package but for pal xbox's using the splintercell save for pal.

----
dabolikk beerchug.gif

#5 Spikey

Spikey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 06:38 PM

Anyone know where i can find splintercellsave_with_evox_raincoat-ntsc ? I found it but only the one without raincoat. Please pm me, thanks. Great guide btw.

#6 generalnewbie

generalnewbie

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 06:59 PM

ill email the package to anyone who wants it.. since xbins hasnt gotten back to me yet... so its 7.4 mbs just pm me with ya email alright.. peace

#7 generalnewbie

generalnewbie

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 05:39 PM

Package is now at the usual places... enjoy! This new release ...

#8 Phunnybonz

Phunnybonz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE (generalnewbie @ Apr 4 2004, 08:53 PM)
7. Next Download gamesave hack
- Transfer gamesave (splintercellsave_with_evox_raincoat-ntsc) hack from PC to a "MODDED" xbox through ftp
- Then Transfer gamesave hack from MODDED Xbox to the formated memory card. (Memory option in MSDASH)
- Note you will be copying 2 save game files over from this hack.(both have different icons)

Great tutorial, it worked like a champ....eventually. smile.gif

I had a problem copying one of the game saves to the memory card....it was too big. I believe it was the game save for 5553000c. The standard MS memory card is only 500 blocks (give or take a couple) and the one game save was much bigger. sad.gif

Since the memory card was too small, I had to temporarily install a chip so I could FTP the game save. Has anyone else had this problem?

How were you able to get the game save to fit on the memory card? What memory card did you use? And yes, I did format it first with a complete erase. Still wasn't big enough.

Oh, one more thing. Although there were two icons (both linux) they weren't "different" icons. They looked exactly the same. One was at the top of my game saves as viewed thru the Xbox Memory option and the other was in the Splinter Cell save.

I would like to use this tut again to flash other TSOPs but installing a chip each time just to FTP the game saves isn't very practical.

Edited by Phunnybonz, 11 July 2004 - 10:53 PM.

#9 SICKdimension

SICKdimension

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts
  • Interests:TO IM ME, STATE YOUR REASON, DON'T JUST SAY &quot;HEY R U THERE?&quot;
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 July 2004 - 11:12 PM

Yes, I am wondering the same thing. How can it fit on a memory card?

#10 Evil Ryu

Evil Ryu

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 07:39 PM

If you don't plan on using EvoX to flash the TSOP, you can simply delete the 1MB bios in the EvoX folder (inside of the gamesave folder). Then use Raincoat...

Hope this helps...

#11 Phunnybonz

Phunnybonz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 04:30 AM

Duh! biggrin.gif You know, that just might do it. Thanks Ryu, I'll give it a try and post back if it works....tomorrow. smile.gif

#12 ktulu(sr)

ktulu(sr)

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 12:23 PM

Hi
When i start raincoat to flash my bios
it says

mounting/dev/cdroms/cdrom0 on/media/cdrom failed: invalid argument

init_module:cloop:invalid argument
mounting/dev/cloop on/usr/local failed: no such device or adress

init.d/res.main.mount:/usr/local/autostart: nosuch file or directory

whats going on?

#13 Evil Ryu

Evil Ryu

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 02:23 PM

I also got that error (I assume that's the error message that you're getting on your xbox - not on your PC right?). Just ignore it. I would guess that it has something to do with trying to load Linux and it's run into that error because you don't have all of the neccessary linux files installed. Of course,... I could be wrong. smile.gif

#14 ktulu(sr)

ktulu(sr)

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 04:25 PM

when i load raincoat i cant connect to my xbox
so i cant typ in the commands to flash the bios

#15 Evil Ryu

Evil Ryu

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 04:39 PM

You're not by chance trying to FTP into the xbox are you? You should just have to open up a dos prompt (after you've run the Raincoat Flash Utility in EvoX (it shouldn't matter about those errors you get on your xbox - I get the same ones) and do the steps that generalnewbie has listed in the first post of this thread.

I've only flashed a few TSOPs, but it was very straightforward.

Edited by Evil Ryu, 15 July 2004 - 04:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users