17 replies to this topic

#1 Bruinx

Bruinx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 05 April 2004 - 09:52 PM

First I want to thank anyone that takes the time to read this and reply as well as those that maintain this site as its a huge resource and has helped me through alot of my problems with modding my xbox. Anyways here is a little history. I have a v1.5 xbox with xecuter 2.3b lite plus chip in it. I installed evox with slayers auto installer and all was working very well. I even got the guts to edit the evox.ini to include fceultra in the menu and installed it. Anyways all was working well last night I played a few roms and then turned it off. This morning I packed it up and took it over to a friends house to show him what I had done and here I found a problem. I boot it up and it goes past the xbox boot screen then goes to error 13 service error please call customer service. If I turn off my mod chip it goes to error 14 which is basically the same thing. I have looked these up and they say that its an error with the dashboard.

Ok so I have the slayers auto installer cd and open the dvd tray and put it in the tray then power off the system which causes it to close the dvd drive. Then I wait about 15 seconds and power it on to get FRAG and error 13 or 14.

When I opened my xbox I found that the modchip wasnt 100% secure.. it was screwed in but the yellow led wasnt on and it was just a little out of place.. so I fixed that and tightened the screw down but not too much. I have worked in tech support for 5 years now for a computer manufacturer so I know about hardware. Anyways I cant get past this screen. I dont have a programmer for my modchip as I was told I wouldnt need one and that I could use a boot disc to load the bios. Well I try and boot to a bios boot disc and same thing.. 13 or 14.

Anyone have any suggestions? Is this fixable?

Bruinx
v1.5 Xbox (Xecuter 2.3b lite plus)

#2 mike96sc2

mike96sc2

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 05 April 2004 - 09:56 PM

do a search on error 13 or 14, it's something with your clock for sure, if you find Klatu then ask him, he's the expert on that specific error if i recall.

#3 Bruinx

Bruinx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 10:23 PM

Well I can see how it might be the clock or something like that just because it worked fine till I unplugged it... but lol I cant figure out how to go in to edit it and change it to correct everything.

Also I did search for error 13/14 and it says its a dashboard error with evox and to use slayers auto installer 2.5 ... boot to it and reload, but this doesnt work.

I have tried everything I could find on the net on how to fix this except using a programmer and loading the bios or anything with replacing hardware ect.

Bruinx
v1.5 xbox xecuter 2.3b lite plus

#4 mike96sc2

mike96sc2

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 10:31 PM

i know it's a clock issue, there should be a pinned topic about it, i'd look up klatu when he's on later and ask him, he'd be more than willing to help

#5 Bruinx

Bruinx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 11:34 AM

I found a thread about clock loop so I did 1 thing it suggested and just let it loop for like 24 hours.. I let it loop all night long still FRAG and error 13 or 14.

Is it possible to pull the HDD out of it and run a program in windows to format it or something... and would that fix it? Or is there like a CMOS battery that can be removed and put back in to reset something?

Sorry Im just really frustrated at this point as I have tried everything I can find on the net about error 13/14 and nothing has worked.

#6 Bruinx

Bruinx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 01:41 PM

Another thing is that if I put in a game... it plays fine..

Movie wont play
Boot cd/dvd wont play

just some updated info if it helps

Bruinx

#7 motorhead460

motorhead460

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 10:08 PM

Hi,are you using the original hard drive in the system or is it a larger one? If you upgraded the hdd and still have the original then I would put the original back in and try it. I keep my original just for a backup,that way if something don't work I can put it in and see if it's a hard drive/dash problem or if theres a problem elsewhere.If your hdd isn't locked then you could reformat it like new on the pc and then slayers should boot with a new hdd-------on second thought that probably won't help,because if you can play a game it's not the hdd or dash,sounds like mike96sc2 is right about the clock.

Edited by motorhead460, 06 April 2004 - 10:16 PM.

#8 Bruinx

Bruinx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 11:34 PM

Yeah I figured it wasnt the dash or hard drive just because it plays a game (original) if I try it. Also its the original hard drive not a larger one. Another problem I am having is that although I backed up my xbox drive to my pc drive I never knew that I had to get the password to lock/unlock the hard drive so I dont have it that I know of.

#9 mike96sc2

mike96sc2

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 12:00 AM

it's the clock loop most likely, i would try doing a dash update, like if you own any xbox live games and setting it update your dashboard, that might snap it out, i'm not 100% positive, if you can't get it i'll try and work on it for you if you like, just a thought

#10 Bruinx

Bruinx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 02:10 AM

Well... I cant ftp into it.. the IP that it used to have must have changed or something as I have DHCP on my network and I cant browse through my DHCP clients to see what all IP's have been released. Also what do you mean by dash update? I turned off the modchip and put in an xbox live game with my xbox plugged into the network but nothing happened.. still FRAG. I would reload the HDD just to get back to the MS dash so that I could change the time and everything but cant unlock/lock the HDD without the password so I think Im screwed.

Ok I tried using the xbox live game and it goes into MS dash to deal with the network settings and that loads fine but when I exit the MS dash and turn off the system and eject the game it goes back into 13 and 14 errors lol

ARG....

Bruinx

Edited by Bruinx, 07 April 2004 - 02:17 AM.

#11 sneakydave

sneakydave

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 April 2004 - 05:47 AM

Have you tried getting into the thing to change your clock while it's in the dash there? (I forget if you can do it like that or not, but I figure ya might try lookin...)

#12 Bruinx

Bruinx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 07:15 PM

Yeah when its in the MS dash it doesnt allow me into the settings tab only the networking tab.. if I hit B to get back it just reboots the xbox and back to the game. LOL this is so frustrating its not funny. I shouldnt have jumped in so soon into getting an mod chip ect. I thought I had researched it enough before I purchased but guess I didnt.

/sigh

Bruinx

#13 Bruinx

Bruinx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 09:30 PM

any new ideas on a fix since we have pretty much concluded its a clock loop issue?

#14 sneakydave

sneakydave

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 April 2004 - 02:03 AM

Have you tried making a boot disk that has a built in link to your xbox dash? It'd take some playing with your config files, you'd have to read up about whatever dash you use to make it do it...

(I'm kinda grasping here)

#15 Bruinx

Bruinx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 03:26 AM

I thought of something like that but since I cant even get a bios/dash installer boot disk to work let alone anything besides a retail game I dont think it would work. I am about to just go buy another freaking xbox for 149.99 and say to hell with it.

/sigh

very frustrated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users