3 replies to this topic

#1 buriedpast

buriedpast

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 05 April 2004 - 10:05 PM

I know ... this is way different from our normal desire to install a large hard drive.

Just picked up an extra XBox with no hard drive, thinking I could install any hard drive to hold the dashboard (Evox 3935) and then play backups directly from the DVD, not the hard drive. Figured I'd install a 6.4 GB Maxtor I have laying around but am running into problems. I'm testing the drive in my existing mod - running Xecuter2 v4981.06. But when I try to boot with my HD format CDRW, the box just frags and gives me an error code 9.

Is the XBox set to reject a drive less than the 8 or 10 GB drives that are standard issue? If not, any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong? I've stuck an extra 60GB on the cable to see if the problem goes away and it does. So, it's definitely something related to the drive size. (It functions perfectly in a windows environment)

Thanks in advance.

#2 MoeMan949222

MoeMan949222

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 April 2004 - 10:08 PM

i am almost positive its because the hd is less then 8gb but test it out with the 60 gb u have and see if it works

#3 heinrich

heinrich

..assuming the role of God

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,576 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 April 2004 - 10:10 PM

did you look up what error 9 was?
hdd parameters (pio/dma/or size {debug}, certain size minimum is required for debug)

Yes, the drive must be at least 8gigs.

#4 buriedpast

buriedpast

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 05 April 2004 - 11:58 PM

Heinrich,

Actually, I did a few searches for "error 9" and came up with nothing. But you answered my question - thank you. Now I'm going to search a bit more and see if I can find that info so that I don't post foolish questions in the future. Regardless, thanks to all - that's what makes the forum a great resource!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users