• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 xdz

xdz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 03:36 AM

Atari 2600 Stelladapter that supports Atari 2600 joysticks/paddles/driving-controllers to USB. Stelladapter is supported in z26 2.12.

RetroZone USB gamepads and adapters for Nintendo NES, Nintendo Four Score, Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Atari 2600 joystick, NES Advantage, and Super Advantage.

Truckload of USB to XBox adapters on eBay.

I am guessing that the RetroZone stuff will work with X-Port by just tweaking the configs, since it is standard HID with no analog inputs. The question I have is whether the Stelladapter will work or not. I'm guessing "no" at this point because z26 needed an update before it would work.

I would be happy to sponsor any of these purchases for X-Port to get support included into their emulators. With the kickass emulation already present, I can finally box the dozens of consoles I have lying around and use the XBox for everything. laugh.gif If X-Port is interested, please PM me.

#2 gonkle

gonkle

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 04:20 AM

look at this, i dont have time to documentate this, but if you are not so dumb you can build it on your own.

retrobox

greets

Edited by gonkle, 19 April 2004 - 12:34 PM.

#3 marioxb

marioxb

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 03:06 PM

I would love to use SNES controllers on Xbox. The Xbox digital pad just sucks. It's hard to have presise accuracy for pressing down to duck in Punch-Out!! for example.

#4 dux ducis

dux ducis

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 April 2004 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE (xdz @ Apr 6 2004, 05:36 AM)
I would be happy to sponsor any of these purchases for X-Port to get support included into their emulators. With the kickass emulation already present, I can finally box the dozens of consoles I have lying around and use the XBox for everything. laugh.gif If X-Port is interested, please PM me.

Totally agree, this would be the final step to making the ultimate emu machine, there's nothing else after this. NOTIHNG.

I too would contribute for their purchase if xport would decide to take this project on.

#5 FUCKMICROSOFT

FUCKMICROSOFT

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 April 2004 - 12:01 AM

i have a psx to usb adapter... dont forget playstation support too

#6 Sarvatt

Sarvatt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 01:04 AM

PSX controllers work fine in the emulators using a PS2-Xbox adapter. I use one that I picked up at gamestop for $20, and walmart has a similar one for $15 biggrin.gif

#7 XPort

XPort

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 07 April 2004 - 04:43 PM

It's not a matter of plugging in any miscellaneous USB device and just whipping up some code to make it do something. The USB routines in the XDK are very restrictive insofar as only allowing easy control of official controller peripherals. (e.g joypads, lightgun, keyboard, dancepad, headset, etc.) I'm sure it's possible to dig down into the guts and try to figure out what needs to be done to interface with a USB device that's not officially supported, but it's not a simple task at all.

Your best bet is to find a NES/SNES/whatever controller that can be used on a gamecube or ps2 and then locating a GC or PS2 to XBox adaptor. That would work just fine.

#8 XaRaNn

XaRaNn

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 19 April 2004 - 12:26 PM

ok i dunno if this idea is stupid, but i have an old S controller that the A button lost sensitivitiy, and in some games it jus doesnt work, so i dont use it anymore

would it be possible to solder the buttons of a snes gamepad to the buttons of my broke S controller, and put that in a box or something

#9 gonkle

gonkle

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 12:36 PM

sure XaRaNn, just search a bit, i found some nice sites that have guides howto solder an old controller, adn take a look at my site, there you can maybe catch up some ideas.

#10 Savejonas

Savejonas

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 April 2004 - 04:07 PM

does anyone know where I can find a complete xbox controller wiring diagram? i've seen a few in the tutorials section but they were mostly for locating power sources

#11 fasmanza

fasmanza

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:Modding...
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 April 2004 - 05:21 PM

Why dont you build a fully working psx to usb adapter or even a n64 to usb adapter

Check out this site :http://www.stnield.com/

#12 Velvis

Velvis

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 08:42 PM

I have managed to get an Atari paddle working via a hacked xbox mini-steering wheel. Basically I connected the atari pot to the pot wires for the left trigger of the wheel. Pretty simple but the following problems remain.

1) In the XBoxZ26 I cant seem to set the configuration to allow one input to control left and right. So the paddle only goes one direction.

2) In MAME the paddle works great, but I would like to have more than one paddle per hacked XBOX controller. (ie one paddle left trigger, one paddle right trigger). The MAME configuration seems to allow setting player 2, 3, & 4 to controller 1, but it only seems to work for the buttons rather than up/down/left/right. (seems like a little bug).

To clarify:

1) I'd like to configure Z26 to allow analog input from one analog signal to control left/right.

2) I'd like to configure MAMEOX to be able to map all players input to one controller.

Once I get my Paddle finished I will post some pictures.

#13 jchiar

jchiar

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE(Velvis @ Aug 19 2004, 07:48 PM)
I have managed to get an Atari paddle working via a hacked xbox mini-steering wheel. Basically I connected the atari pot to the pot wires for the left trigger of the wheel. Pretty simple but the following problems remain.
1) In the XBoxZ26 I cant seem to set the configuration to allow one input to control left and right. So the paddle only goes one direction.

2) In MAME the paddle works great, but I would like to have more than one paddle per hacked XBOX controller. (ie one paddle left trigger, one paddle right trigger). The MAME configuration seems to allow setting player 2, 3, & 4 to controller 1, but it only seems to work for the buttons rather than up/down/left/right. (seems like a little bug).
To clarify:

1) I'd like to configure Z26 to allow analog input from one analog signal to control left/right.

2) I'd like to configure MAMEOX to be able to map all players input to one controller.
Once I get my Paddle finished I will post some pictures.

View Post

ever get this to work?

#14 posure

posure

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 10:27 PM

http://www.hardmods....p?showtopic=258

I highly recommended building one of these, its cheap and easy mod (well..this comes from alot of xbox controller modding experience I guess)

I added a post to that thread for doing the mod with a Hip Pad (which you should read if youre using a hip pad and havent done any hip pad mods before)

Modding a classic controller works ALOT better than an xbox controller, it is much much more responsive to button presses because it does full button presses instead of the partial with analog

Edited by posure, 10 March 2005 - 10:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users