#1 dVeLoPe

dVeLoPe

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 06 April 2004 - 01:35 PM

Hey I have a 1.0 XBOX I am trying to install a Matrix in but I stripped the screw were the matrix goes.. What aleternatives can I do, how do I fix this. I put it in another XBOX and it works fine flawlessy the first try but this one is striped....

#2 MaHoRo X

MaHoRo X

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 06 April 2004 - 02:04 PM

the only way is to do a wire job. solder allwires to the matrix then solder the wire to the board in their corresponding order.

#3 dVeLoPe

dVeLoPe

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 02:25 PM

Or not. I have no soldering gun, this isnt my XBOX, its for a friend the screw is stripped what can I do!!?!?

#4 jmebonner

jmebonner

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 08:30 PM

I read somewhere about using a small bolt, making sure to put some sort of tape on the bottom of the board so the bolt doesn't short something out. It's definatley what I'd try.

#5 MaHoRo X

MaHoRo X

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 06 April 2004 - 08:46 PM

Another way, change the modchip.

#6 Scoopy

Scoopy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 07 April 2004 - 04:11 PM

You can tap a new hole or buy a new screw at a hardware store, I think in one of the many tutorials on this site they tell you the exact screw to get. To keep from strippin the thing in the first place, don't overtighten, tape the lock washer, and make sure to use a torx and not a small phillips.

#7 dVeLoPe

dVeLoPe

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 04:25 AM

Whatever thanks for the help guys I fixed it myself, got the bottom of an xbox that will never be modded with a MATRIX and took the bottom part off and swaped them. The original screw works GREAT! I aligned the chip without even turning on the box tightened it and booted Slayers2.0, upgraded HDD smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users