Photo

Anyone Got A Tut On Making A Plexiglass Case?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 lalaland

lalaland

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 12:15 AM

Im tired of looking at the same case again n again. if anyone got a good tut on making a plexiglass tell me.

#2 IITangoCrazy

IITangoCrazy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 07 April 2004 - 12:27 AM

Uhh the standard cube plexi case htat everyone makes????

it is jut 6 sheets of plexi and then u have to drill them out and use corner brackets to put them together to make the sides nice and shiney after the cuts you file sand, wetsand and buff on a wheel. And you have yourself a nice cube

Personally I am making plexi top inspired b the original xbox top except with my own modifications should b sick when i am done.

#3 lalaland

lalaland

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 12:36 AM

u mean file sand the edges. n do u mean cut them out n not drill them out.

dont u have to ground the mb to the plexiglass or something. I dunno i saw a post about that. would i have to drill holes on the bottem to screw the mb in

sry for sounding like a newb.

#4 IITangoCrazy

IITangoCrazy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 07 April 2004 - 01:12 AM

Ok you have to cut out the plexi but when you are screwing the sides together u cant just run screws through you will crack the plexi so you must drill them then put small bolts though the holes. and yes you file sand wet sand and buff the edges not the face the face should be fine and if it isint you will probably mess it up more by trying to fix it. Leave the protective plastic on the plexi till you are ready to assemble this will help you avoid all scratches good luck man. make something that isint a cube. . . . MAKE A PYRAMID that would b sweet. and then a beam of light shooting out the top ahaha i knida wanna do that now.

#5 Johnnywalkerred

Johnnywalkerred

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 01:25 AM

here is a good article for making clear computer cases, maybe you could use that info to help you in your attempt.

Clear Case
hope it helps

#6 bleugh

bleugh

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts
  • Interests:tinkering..........and flogging stuff on ebay<br>
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 07 April 2004 - 06:24 AM

I would have thought that 6 plexiglass squares, glued together in the correct orientation would form a plexiglass cube laugh.gif

do a quick search on google, there will be loadsa 'plexiglass basics' pages, and lots of 'how to use plexiglass', 'forming plexiglass' you get the idea!

good luck, it really is trixky stuff to get perfect, it's VERY easy to do a botch job,
the hard part is getting the measurements just right :-)

you may find it easier to make two plexu U shapes that can mate together to form a box

#7 Pullout Method

Pullout Method

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 10:57 AM

This is the best damn plexi case tut I've ever seen.

I remember looking at this when I was trying to find little things to cram a mini ITX board into. covers everything fromadhesives, to shanding, to drilling/bolting, to heating plexi.

I'll be doing a tut w/ patterns for my plexi box real soon. It's more than just the standard square.

#8 BAGGSIE138

BAGGSIE138

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 11:06 AM

A pyramid would be insane and have LEDs run down the corners in sequence and it would look like water is dripping down. Like that pyramid in las vegas. cool.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users