sneakydave

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 April 2004 - 05:15 AM

Here's some pics of my box just put back together after letting the paint dry...

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Big Pic
Big Pic 2
Big Pic 3

I haven't painted the side fins yet, and I'm not sure if I'm gonna bother, I can't think of any colors that would match that green well... And from looking at that second pic, I just realized that I REALLY need to dust my xbox! (Oh, and The case is all the way down now, I forgot that I hadn't pushed it down all the way, but if you look, the right side above the black stripe is taller than the left side in the pics... It's all fixed tho!)

I'm planning to clear the jewel, and I'm not sure if I care enough to do a DVD window... (Cutting the top of my DVD drive worries me a bit) And lighting too... I'm guessing that only green LEDs will match it, but if anyone has any lighting color suggestions that might look nice with green let me know!

EDIT: Resized pics, but left big ones as links if anyone cares. And a speil about the case not being shut right...

Edited by sneakydave, 09 April 2004 - 02:56 AM.

#2 Mattssogay

Mattssogay

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 05:27 AM

Good Job man. Nice Lines. One thing though...could you post bigger pictures?

I wasnt being mean sarcastic. That was supposed to be joking sarcastic. Leave the pics man they are fine.

Edited by Mattssogay, 07 April 2004 - 02:30 PM.

#3 sneakydave

sneakydave

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 05:43 AM

Sorry about that... I forgot to turn them down a bit... (Ok, mental note, resize pics...)

#4 Xboxman20

Xboxman20

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 05:57 AM

You dont see many green xboxs on here unlss they are LE lol GOod Job So far keep it comin

#5 Ghost_Face_Killah

Ghost_Face_Killah

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 07 April 2004 - 06:20 AM

they're not big at all, mattssogay must be running on 640x480 resolution or something.

good job so far, i'm not feeling the colour choice dawg but its aight ya know its aight.

#6 bleugh

bleugh

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts
  • Interests:tinkering..........and flogging stuff on ebay<br>
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 07 April 2004 - 06:21 AM

Tidy job

you wanna take up panel spraying on cars! beerchug.gif

#7 bLiZzArDo

bLiZzArDo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 10:29 AM

i'm not feeling the colour choice dawg but its aight ya know its aight.

I agree, good paint job, but the colors don't really go together, but I guess if you like it...

#8 BAGGSIE138

BAGGSIE138

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 10:52 AM

the paintjob is exactly like my 94' Mazda Protege

#9 4NIC8TOR

4NIC8TOR

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 11:38 AM

Looks good but you should have taken the jewel off before you painted it...you can kind of see a little black around it. Is your jewel chipped on the top?

#10 Comcipher

Comcipher

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 11:54 AM

Looks good ! May want to think about painting the front of the DVD tray and the other part so you don't see that large black bar accross the front. By the way, what type of paint did you use?

#11 sneakydave

sneakydave

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 04:19 PM

4NIC8TOR: Yeah, the jewel did get chipped a month or so ago when I modded it... I had it sitting on the table, and it got bumped, and landed on a nice sharp corner... I can't believe that it just chipped the jewel...
And I tried to take the jewel out when I painted it, but after 30 minutes in the freezer it wouldn't come out, so, I put it in there for another hour, and it wouldn't come out, and i didn't have a Hair dryer to try the other method to remove it yet...

Comcipher: I've thought about doing the tray to match the X, but I haven't decided if I like that or the black bar... I figured I'd try it out for a little bit this way and decide if I like it or not, then if not I'll paint over it in green... And I used Krylon Fusion paint... (That's about 8 really thin coats...)

People who don't like the green: I was rather stumped for colors... I didn't feel like Blue or Red, and Green was about all that was left for Krylon Fusion's colors where I bought my paint at... I kinda like the green... My roommate's trying to get me to paint it competition orange...

EDIT: Fixed a spelling error...

Edited by sneakydave, 07 April 2004 - 04:24 PM.

#12 ryoaska

ryoaska

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 07:19 PM

Hey, that looks good man- can i ask you a question? Did you have any problems with masking at all- and how long did yo uwait to unmask? I'm guessing it probably didn't matter that much since you didn't have to mask on a part that was already painted. I'm asking cuz i plan on doing a two tone job for my next paint job (only my second)- and everything was perfect on my first paint job untill i made a few stupid mistakes toward the end trying to get it perfect... Luckily most of that is on the bottom, but i masked the front pannel before i should have, i think- and the masking around the xbox letters on the dvd drive just came out shit. Do you (or anyone else) know what a good time to wait is before masking a painted surface- and for when to unmask so that the edgesof the tape dont' give you an effect like theres been 'ripped' paint there?

Thanks-

T.G.

#13 sneakydave

sneakydave

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 02:17 AM

I spent a fair amount of time masking, I couldn't quote a time... As for masking stuff that's already been painted, I waited about 2 days before I masked it... And I waited at least a day after my last coat before I took any of the tape off... (I considered waiting longer, but I was getting impatient...) Just be careful taking the tape off so you don't accidentally lift up some of the paint... (For the front I didn't have to do much masking, only the black stripe on there, just use something with a good edge on it so you can get the tape pushed into the corners well... Take your time masking, and do it well...)

#14 Zodiiak

Zodiiak

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts
  • Interests:Life
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 April 2004 - 02:18 AM

Great looking paint job...not really digging the GREEN Vibe wink.gif

#15 GIR6K

GIR6K

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Interests:I like xbox, the greatest console right now. I also favor computers, and music, and art.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 09 April 2004 - 03:23 AM

nice, green. i would do a second color now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users