Photo

Can I Update To Version 1.8.3285 W/o Losing Games?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jabroni1m

jabroni1m

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 25 December 2002 - 09:25 AM

How would I go about updating my 80gig hard drive to evolution x 1.8.3285. I am currently running an earlier version but don't want to lose all my games and stuff. Will that new auto installers repair hd thingy work for this?

#2 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 December 2002 - 09:34 AM

All you have to do is get the new version of the EvoX dash and transfer the default.xbe (rename it to the name of your bootable xbe) to C:\ and you will be all set.

However, the new dash supports IGR (in game reset) and you need to update your evox.ini will the new commands. Just compare yours and the evox.ini you downloaded.

Easy, easy stuff

Edited by shanafan, 25 December 2002 - 09:35 AM.

#3 cirial

cirial

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 25 December 2002 - 01:25 PM

Manually transfer the evox dash file over. Its very simple. Don't mess with any of those auto installer things. All you need to do is replace 1 file, and possibly edit your evox.ini with "IGR = Yes" under the [Menu] options. Like shanafan said.. very simple.

#4 jabroni1m

jabroni1m

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 26 December 2002 - 05:03 AM

The news groups or whatever you guys are always talking about going on to get the auto installer and the evox files, what program do I need to download to go to the alt.binarie stuff thats posted all over?

#5 echto

echto

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 26 December 2002 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE (jabroni1m @ Dec 25 2002, 08:03 PM)
The news groups or whatever you guys are always talking about going on to get the auto installer and the evox files, what program do I need to download to go to the alt.binarie stuff thats posted all over?

Check out the IRC forum

#6 jabroni1m

jabroni1m

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 04:33 PM

You say I need to look at the ini file and compare it and see if IGR is enabled. How do you look at this file while its on the xbox? Just go to it and hit A Don't want to mess it up.

#7 jabroni1m

jabroni1m

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 07:02 PM

I'm pretty sure I can do it now, but I can't get nero to burn the evox.ini and default.xbe or whatever its called onto the cdrw where boxplorer reconizes it. I have used lite on cdrw's before and they worked fine, but this time no files show up in boxplorer. How exacly do I have to burn these 2 files with nero to get them to show up in boxplorer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users