X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 02:09 PM

First of all here's my set up.
x2 4981.67 bios
evoX 3935 dashboard
Westernd digital 1200JB-75CRA0 120 MB 7500 RPM 8MB Buffer HDD.
Phillips DVD-rom
XBOX v. 1.1

So here's my issue. I know for a fact that my hdd is not lockable so I know I cannot boot directly to M$ dash. No intent to play live so this is not an issue. Everything else works great. I can load M$ dashboard through evoX but...

Originally I had one of the newer M$ dashboards with the live option on it. After backing it up installing new hard drive and loading C: files back onto new hdd the live option is gone(doesn't matter since I'm not playing live but thought it was odd and noted mentioning). Now, in M$ dash, I can enter the memory option and look around, but when I enter the music option I get frag and error 21, and when I enter the settings option the menu screen rushes toward me(like normal animation) then I get the green mesh background(like normal) but the settings options never load and the xbox is frozen.

Is there anyway to fix this. I'd like to be able to change clock/audio settings/video settings.

#2 Psylence

Psylence

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 10:44 PM

Bump

#3 tankertux

tankertux

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 07 April 2004 - 10:52 PM

Get a Slayers Disc and have it reinstall/repair the retail dash. It won't damage/change any of your settings or anything and it may just fix your problems.

#4 mike96sc2

mike96sc2

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 April 2004 - 10:58 PM

a retail disc that is xbox-live compatible will have the necessary dashboard update for you as well

#5 Psylence

Psylence

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 02:10 PM

thanks I'll give it a try

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users