8 replies to this topic

#1 -aries-

-aries-

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 05:07 PM

Right... I bought a 80 GB hdd to put in my xbox... I replaced the HDD with no problem.. and set the thingies to Cable-select... blah blah blah...

so I made a Xiso of a folder "/Evox iso" with the Default.xbe(Evoxdash.xbe), Evox.ini.. and the Folder /Backup I made from the original xbox HDD that contains 5 files..

but now.. when I put in the Boot CD..(CD-RW) it goes to Error Code "13".. I think this is "Dashboard not found" or summin' like that...

so I tried putting in a original Xbox game in.. and yeah.. it works... but still.. nothing with the CD-RW... So I was thinking... I bet the thompsen drive gets really picky about the CD's if HDD is swapped... cuz well... Thompsen STINKS!!..

and no.. I dont have any friends that I can borrow a Samsung CDrom drive from... So is there like NO way to get this to work??

C'mon PPL... Somebody gotta know what to do!

#2 xboxexpert

xboxexpert

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 05:10 PM

The Thompson drives have a real shitty time reading CDRW's just keep trying and it will pick it up...if you would like to order a samsung off me its 110 Shipped

#3 -aries-

-aries-

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 05:13 PM

yeah well...

I'll see if there's other alternatives first..

ANYONE!!.. Please!!!

#4 -aries-

-aries-

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 05:16 PM

what if I go buy a DVD-R/+R????

#5 -aries-

-aries-

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 05:50 PM

does NO ONE HAVE AN ANSWER??!?!??

#6 jakin

jakin

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 05:57 PM

get a Pre-modified Samsung Sd616t For Xbox, Original "BLACK" Color Drive

XBoXMan sells them. i got mine from spyderbass. works perfectly.
I noticed that after a mod chip is installed the dvd-rom preforms less reliable than before a mod chip or flash.

After i installed mine it read everything, cd-r's cd-rw's, no dummy files needed,

it would probably read the newspaper if i could get it in.

That's my opinion. After I installed a chameleon v1.3 i could not get a rented game to play. the mod changes something.

Good luck

#7 geniusalz

geniusalz

Team MXM

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 April 2004 - 06:06 PM

DVD-R will probably work.

Also, make sure you are burning in the right format (disc at once, finalize, etc) and your iso is properly made. And it doesn't hurt to include a ~100MB dummy file to make it easier to read the disc.

#8 boxmaniac

boxmaniac

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 06:11 PM

My only suggestion is to try burning your CDRW at the slowest speed possible. Or try a DVD-RW. Despite all the complaints on X-S, I've yet to have any of the problems that are associated with my setup.

I happen to have a 1.0 box with a Thompson drive, solderless Xodus Matrix, 120GB WD HD, Evox M7, EvolutionX 3935 with IGR always on.

I've never had any IGR problems, the only issues I've ever come across are:
1. in the beginning, I didn't turn on NTP, and the constant clock reset caused issues
2. occasionally, the screw holding the matrix in place loosens enough to show a red light, so I have to retighten

Aside from that everything works like a champ. CDRs don't work, but the following disks that I've tried work fine: Memorex CDRW, Optorite DVDRW and DVDRs and the HQ 4x from meritline.com.

#9 boxmaniac

boxmaniac

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 06:25 PM

oh, and my other piece of advice is to use GDFimage to create the iso.

Craxtion was a good program which piggy-backed off GDFimage but I gave that up when it failed to create a multi-iso one time (after repeated tries).

xisotool is a good tool, but I find that it is only reliable for me 80% of the time, so I only use it for extraction (when it works)

I forget what my opinion of xiso is since I haven't used it in so many months now.

GDFimage/GUI is the only solution that has worked for me reliably 100% over the 8 months that I have owned my 1.0 box with a Thompson drive so, yes, I have a personal bias. But, seeing as you haven't established a bias yet, and you have similar hardware, you may want to try something similar.

As for UDF format, I only use that for making xbmp disks with divx avi files so I can play on both PC and Xbox --- haven't had any issues with that either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users