2 replies to this topic

#1 maxpowe2120

maxpowe2120

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 07:25 PM

I am currently running an 80Gb hard drive with my dvd rom drive. I would like to replace the dvd drive with a stock xbox drive and a switch. I am using the Xecuter 4980 bios wint the newest version of Unleash X currently. I would like to know if this is possible.
Also, would it be possible to partition the stock xbox drive into 1 large 8 gig partition? This way i could put the dash files on there and still have around 7 gigs left for multi media files (to be played in XBMC). I do not plan on running any backup games on the drive.
Note: I know you may be wondering why im adding an 8 gigger in place of the dvd and its becuase my 80 is filled to the brim and i want room so i can play movies and music without taking away from my 80 gigger.
Thanks in advance

#2 justtaint

justtaint

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 April 2004 - 03:53 AM

No, it won't work with a switch. It might work without a switch with a bios that disgregards the dvd check.

#3 maxpowe2120

maxpowe2120

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 02:19 PM

Im sorry if my question was confusing. The switch is going to be used to switch between the stock, and the 80 gigger. So only one hard drive will be on at a time. I just need to know if theres a way to make one large partitition instead of 5 (i think its 5) on the xbox hard drive, and have it run a homebrew dash (unleashx), or even just XBMC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users