• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mdwchet

mdwchet

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 12:28 AM

Hi....I am having problems and I was wondering if anyone could provide guidance....Here is my dilemma....I have an xbox v1.0....I bought a xecutor 2.3b PRO chip.....I installed the chip with no problems....relatively speaking compared to now....the Cromwell bios WAS coming up asking for Flash update....after several unsuccessful attempts at using an ISO disk with the proper bios...I read about flashing via the ltp port....I tried doing this, but the flash write would stop at different times in the update...I have tried several different bios, but none complete successfully....and after some time, the xbox powers off.....I have the write enabled switch set to on.....and all other switches are off...my cable is about 6 feet...I thought it might need to be shorter, so I cut the cable and spliced all the wires back together...25 wires.....but with no luck....Is there a way out of this quagmire?....I can't think of anything else to try...ANY help would be greatly appreciated.....Thank you

#2 delacruz

delacruz

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:Dj
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 09 April 2004 - 02:24 AM

with the cromwell bios u need to make the ISO including a dummy file and making the iso with something like qwix and burn it if using nero as DAO

#3 mdwchet

mdwchet

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 02:47 AM

Thank you for replying....I had problems before with burning so I decided to take the lpt route....after much frustration, someone suggested connecting the xbox directly to the pc without cable.....worked like a champ.....but now I guess I have to face the problem of burning again trying to install evox......but thanks for your reply

#4 Rylinkus

Rylinkus

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 09 April 2004 - 03:12 AM

Here's my post of the day on burning a CDRW.....

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=199384

#5 jman33

jman33

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 10 April 2004 - 05:40 AM

QUOTE (delacruz @ Apr 9 2004, 04:24 AM)
with the cromwell bios u need to make the ISO including a dummy file and making the iso with something like qwix and burn it if using nero as DAO

? with flashbios you do not make an iso. burn like a normal data cd via nero. add a dummy file. try that. don't make an iso.

#6 Damessiah

Damessiah

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 10 April 2004 - 08:17 AM

Delacruz dont give him false information, as jman said you dont make an ISO when your making a flashbios CD. You burn it normally no multisession finalize cd and disc at once on Nero - what you need there is BIOS.BIN and a dummy file of about 100 mb, you DONT make the bios cd into an iso.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users