#1 camora

camora

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 11:27 PM

Hello,
is it possible to use videos for skins? I dont mean a background movie.
I'm talking about little videos instead of images.
I tried
CODE
<Image Opacity="100" Top="0" Left="306" Width="297" Height="183">blabla.wmv</Image>

But i think that this will only work for images.

Thanks in advance.

#2 tweaqr

tweaqr

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 10 April 2004 - 12:43 AM

you cold always make one 640x480 image with all the small ones compield into one

#3 camora

camora

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 11:51 AM

umm..yes. But this is not what i want to do. What i need is a simple way to use WMV's instead of PNG's.

Edited by camora, 10 April 2004 - 11:51 AM.

#4 Hectobleezy

Hectobleezy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 04:23 PM

I think the problem with that is memory usage and cpu power. The more videos you have running at one time, the more resources are required to play them.

I agree with tweaqr, and thats what I have done many times....created one big video...with multiple videos in it. Its not quick, but the end result is very cool.

#5 jaxx

jaxx

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 06:20 PM

does unleash-x have the ability for game video previews like media x menu does?? if so, how would i go about doing it?

#6 tweaqr

tweaqr

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 07:37 PM

yes

there is a couple of things you need
1. the skin you are useing has to support videos
2. the files has to be named preview.wmv or mxm_ss.wmv and put it in the game root folder - eg f:/games/SSX3/preview.wmv

note .xmv is also supported

#7 PaCMaYNE

PaCMaYNE

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 April 2004 - 12:00 AM

oh thats cool ,, lets help this guy but not my simple question

#8 tweaqr

tweaqr

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 12:43 AM

I don't know the answer to your question i could post that but that dosen't help anyone so whats the point

BTW how did you fix the orb problem, just out of curieosity.

#9 PaCMaYNE

PaCMaYNE

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 April 2004 - 01:42 AM

i changed the sides of the orb to be transparent, and sized it more oblong than circular,, but i think its not that really,, theres somrhting ive noticed over the past few days of skinning thats really weird,, maybe its caused by memory,, i dont know,,, but when i edit a background image real quickly then reupload it,, still not happy edit, reupload,, not happy.. ect ,ect ,, ect (perfectionist,, as youll see when i release my final skin) anyways,, after uploading thr bckground numerous times before a reboot a few things will happen to me,,, 1 either the music will get weird like people have stated previously and then lock up,,,,,2- the image i upload wont show up ,, or show up distorted,,,, or 3,, the whole skin crashes,, the first time this happened to me i thought i did somehting and fakkin overwrote one of my bgs,, i freaked out,, and wasted like an hour only to realize after i rebooted it was fine,,,,,,,, the only reason i could come up to for this was havfing to do with changing the skin too much would fill up memory as the previous skins would do that until its rebooted?? anyways,, thought id throw that out there,, see what you guys thought,,,,,,

but still,, i have finished my 2nd Bg image,, 6 hours of time,,, just to get correct lighting effects and wood effects correct,, only to toss that idea and do something more simple,, simply becuase it doesnt look the same at a lower resolution for a tv than it does on pc,,, ive realized,, the more simple the better,, you get too in depth of detail and it doesnt look good,, im rambling too much,, all i gotta do now is change the orb surrounding color thing now,, and skin the file explorer,, change a few colors around,,, but if i cant fix the damn orb thingy,, ill just take it out,,8-(

anyways,, too much talk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users