Rodstorm

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 April 2004 - 04:23 AM

I've been a long time mxm user but after total disgust with the way the dashboard is progressing I have changed my dash over to UnleashX and have 2 questions for you.
I checked the faq's but couldnt find the answers so here goes:
I cant get any of my preveiw vids to load up, then realizing they were all named mxm_ss.wmv there was no wonder...so on UnleashX what do I name them to make them work?
I can still use the wmv format right?
Secondly how do I edit the menu title names of my applications.
On mxm it was just a tweak in the menu.xml file to edit anything I wanted to but in the config.xml file in UnleashX I can only edit headings.
I have a gba emulator and Amiga emulator but they show up in the menu as uaex and vbax instead of the former names...so how do I rename these?
Apart from that awesome dash guys, you've won over another user and mxm has lost one more.

#2 tweaqr

tweaqr

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 10 April 2004 - 04:47 AM

the first preview name UnleashX looks for is preview.wmv/.xmv but it also looks for mxm_ss.wmv so you wont have to rename them. in order for them to play the skin you are useing has to support previews.

as for renaming the menu items you could do it in the items.xml but i prefer to rename the .xbe title that way it permenant (unless you change it ageen) to do it this way brows through the file manager/explorer to the .xbe for the app/game you want to change the name for then press start scroll though the menu till you find "Rename XBE Title", it self explanitory from there

#3 melon

melon

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 04:49 AM

rename your preview vids to preview.
you can use wma

to rename your xbe's use the file explorer to highlight default.xbe in a folder then press the white button and select rename xbe (or something like that).

edit: haha we both were answering at the same time.

Edited by melon, 10 April 2004 - 04:51 AM.

#4 Rodstorm

Rodstorm

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 April 2004 - 10:48 AM

Thanks guys, will give it a bash...thanks for the help smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users