4 replies to this topic

#1 grime_z

grime_z

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 09:31 PM

I have a front usb cable from an old computer part, so i ripped it apart, and now i have all these little plug ins that i want to hook into inside my xbox. Here are what the little plugs are called: Data +1, Data -1, VCC 1, and Sheild. What color of cable do these line up with on the plugs that go into the daughter board from the ports?

#2 cueball13

cueball13

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,010 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 09:41 PM

The usb cables aren't colored?

I can't think of the colors of each of those off the top of my head. Just search google and find what each of those would be colored for standard usb and it'll be the same for your xbox.

Edited by cueball13, 10 April 2004 - 09:43 PM.

#3 grime_z

grime_z

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 09:45 PM

ya, they are all grey, and its ridiculous, ill google it though, see what happens.

#4 Master-Chief

Master-Chief

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 10 April 2004 - 10:29 PM

The datas are the green wire and the white wire. I'm thinking Data +1 should be green and Data -1 should be white. wink.gif

#5 Casper1786

Casper1786

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 April 2004 - 10:47 PM

I went through the same problem man, took me a while 2 get the stuff sorted out, but i'll speed ya up. first off you'll need a MultiMeter. Looking at the front of the port, with the Tab thing Facing up, it go's 'VCC D0- D0+ GND' just take the MultiMeter an Touch the Farthest contact 2 the right(outta the 4 on the Tab) then Touch the Sheilding with the Other stick, an ever check around the board, if u get a Reading then that's proll ur Ground an ur lookin at it right. then touch the 4 ends of the wires 1 at a time an Try 2 Line them up, once u get them all figured with the Wires, this is the Color scheme on the USB wires off the Controller ports(and in the Controller Cables)

Red=VCC
Black=GND
White=D0-
Green=D0+
Yellow=not sure, not needed for Connecting in regular USB Devices.

Edited by Casper1786, 10 April 2004 - 10:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users