Please click HERE to visit the XBE Exploits section, to find updated exploits. The exploits referenced here were used around 2003.
A clock loop can occur when your Xbox loses time. Since the Xbox does not contain a CMOS battery, it'll lose time if it doesn't maintain power. This can happen anytime after 45 minutes. (15 hours for me) When your Xbox loses time, it's going to want to go to MS Dash to set the time. You can't get to MS Dash, though, because your modified font files are going to boot to PBL and the Dash of your choice instead. By instinct your Xbox wants to go to MS Dash, but the modified fonts are saying "No, no, lauch PBL". It's kinda like it's getting pulled it two different directions at once. Then it gets all confused and reboots.
First off all, there is NO fix. I will, however, list ways you can get out of a clock loop. NOTE: Not all suggestions will work for everyone.
1. Let it boot. Let your Xbox boot until it breaks out. Fonts will kick in a set the time. (Doesnt work for everyone)
2. Plug your Xbox into an active computer network. After a couple of boots, you should be out. (Doesn't work for everyone.)
4. Unplug Your DVD-Rom drive (I heard this works)
5. Put in a Audio CD (Also heard this works)
6. Unplug all controlers
7. If all else fails, then gain access to your Xbox HD, disable the fonts, set the time and then turn them back on again.
Recommended Font Files
I Recommend you use either the Bert and Earnie Reloaded fonts or the Mech Fonts. They react well with the clock loop. They may even help you escape faster.
Eveyone that uses the font exploit is prone to clock loops. And I mean Everyone. I don't care if your the president or a world Icon. If your Xbox loses time, it will get stuck in a clock loop. Now how long it last is unknown. It all depends on the fonts you used and the Xbox.
Well, that it's about clock loops. There that simple. I'm hoping to stop the countless threads that are created everyday with people who got stuck and are looking for a solution when there going to get the same answer.
If I missed anything, please let me know.
Edited by RiceCake, 17 November 2006 - 10:17 PM.