SEHF

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 April 2004 - 03:21 AM

I just ordered a light kit that I will install in my xbox, and I'm wondering if I can clear the jewel while it is inside the xbox. I'm just starting with this case modding stuff, so I'm sorry if this is a dumb question. Thanks! unsure.gif

#2 fretster

fretster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 April 2004 - 03:37 AM

anything is possible, and im sure you could infact do that. but the odds of you either messing up your jewel while removing the xbox casing from behind are fairly high, as well as knocking the jewel out of the box after you remove the back and start polishing.

just follow what other tutorials for jewel removal say, and you'll thank yourself in the long run.

#3 death_driver_911

death_driver_911

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 11 April 2004 - 03:55 AM

anything is possible, and im sure you could infact do that. but the odds of you either messing up your jewel while removing the xbox casing from behind are fairly high, as well as knocking the jewel out of the box after you remove the back and start polishing

ya. he is right. just whipp out your wand and cast some major mojo on your jewl wink.gif

EDIT: otherwise you will need to take out the jewl and do it

Edited by death_driver_911, 11 April 2004 - 03:56 AM.

#4 brahm2

brahm2

Internet Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:I'm an EE student at the UofS in Saskatoon. I love guitar and drinking beer.. sometimes both.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 April 2004 - 04:32 AM

I highly doubt you could clear a jewel AND cut a jewel hole while the jewel is still attatched to the Xbox case. Just try the freezer method and knock it out, then polish it.

#5 UndercoverPunker

UndercoverPunker

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Interests:XBOX, snowboarding, My Caprice, HiFi sound, stuff I'm not supposed to like, community service...
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 11 April 2004 - 04:34 AM

Agreed, more than likely you'll end up buying another jewel, but feel free to try and I'll give you MAD respect if you pull it off...

(not that my respect is highly regarded or anything laugh.gif )

Cheers beerchug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users