• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Synthetic

Synthetic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 08:02 AM

Ok, so I have a modded Xbox that I got quite some time ago, well over a year ago. It used to run perfectly, but it has slowly deteriorated. At first (about 4-5 months ago) I started finding that XBMP would only launch about half the time (freeze at the loading screen), it was a minor annoyance and I figured it was just a software issue.

Over time though - mostly in the past couple of months - I've been having problems even turning on my xbox, where it will sit and blink the light, and eventually start blinking red, and I'll have to turn it off then on and try again. Well tonight, it's been booting up about 1/4 the time, and I have tried XBMP about 15 times now to no avail... anyone have any idea what is going on?

I should mention games on the HD launch fine (with the exception of Halo, and sometimes games are just finnicky), but I've always had this problem with launching XBMP. However the problems even turning on my XBox sometimes, with the flashing red light, worry me. And of course now not being able to launch XBMP at all.

edit:

Oh and for some more info, it has an Xecuter 2.1 Lite I believe with an 80GB drive.

Edited by Synthetic, 11 April 2004 - 08:08 AM.

#2 xboxhackcrack

xboxhackcrack

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 11 April 2004 - 01:44 PM

Check to make sure all connections are tight inside (like dvd drive, and hard drive)

#3 thedustycelt

thedustycelt

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 02:21 PM

Also check your modchip connections... If you have a no solder, the pins could have some oxidation...

You might also try updating your bios on the mod chip.

Good luck! beerchug.gif

#4 Synthetic

Synthetic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 06:37 AM

Unfortunately I went to flash my BIOS to the latest version, and it crashed about 3/4 way through (using the BIOS flasher in the latest EvoX). Time to order a programmer, sigh..

#5 thedustycelt

thedustycelt

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 01:13 PM

Unfortunately I went to flash my BIOS to the latest version, and it crashed about 3/4 way through (using the BIOS flasher in the latest EvoX). Time to order a programmer, sigh..

Oops... sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users