bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,995 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 12 April 2004 - 10:08 AM

I heard that XDashOS are going to be releasing an easter version although it's going to be 7 days lateish. I know that they have found and fixed that memleek which is very cool and I think they are also trying to make that new blue skin with fog. What else do you think will appear in the easter release. I so want to make this my default dash, THC is so buggy.

#2 swolsten

swolsten

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 April 2004 - 08:48 PM

I can't really say what the new features are but i have only just got one of them finished, its taken me for days to debug the problems and now thats fixed we will be working towards a build at full speed ahead.

We have fixed a lot of bugs \ leaks, there are still some leaks but its nothing major, we will try and track it down before we do the release but it shouldnt cause a problem for most people (xbox will crash if u load the scene reload button for 30 min).

FTP bugs now fixed, yes you can delete folders now smile.gif (tested by downloading 8,000 files in 500 folders, deleteing and re-uploading without a signle memory drop)
Added Debug XML tags (turn on \ off version, memory usage etc..)
Re-wrote the way we load lua objects to reduce the memory leaks.
Oh and some cool new features that are still being finished off (all enabled \ disabled by XML)

More news to follow soon.

#3 HoRnEyDvL

HoRnEyDvL

Nexgen Developer

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 12:59 AM

I guess ill post something aswell. There some features that will be helpfull for some & some that some ppl will not use. With all that said I was speaking 2 swolsten when i woke up & some of the features might not work as people expect them to. That is ok with us because we will be converting them over so they work more on an independant scale instead but will still be part of nexgen. Nexgen has taken alot of major code changes and from what you can hopefully see its been worked on over countless hours to get it upto where it is now. I am sure i will get in trouble by the team for saying this but there is not going 2 be a Nexgen 1.0 WIP anymore. It is now its going to be called Nexgen 1.1 BETA. Why beta you ask? Well because its no longer a work in progress it now works lol so all we have 2 focus now is on features & usability. We have a new team member as you people might know but we would to keep his ident a secret for now. With that all said i would like 2 apoligise for the delayed release and i hope everyone understands.
Thank You
HoRnEyDvL

#4 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderator
  • 7,995 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 10:25 AM

Thats cool! bugfixes, thats what I like to hear, I don't care if it's late or not, because bug fixes means a good stable dash, you guys are like the Mozilla devs, took them about 4 years just to clean up the code. Not saying it will take you guys that long but seems to be some good team work going on, and also I like to have bug fixes rather than features, features just = bugs.

#5 HoRnEyDvL

HoRnEyDvL

Nexgen Developer

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 10:31 AM

Hopefully it wont take us that long 2 start competing with other dashboards. We will try our best to get something out that people will like. Im glab you support us.

#6 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderator
  • 7,995 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 09:01 AM

Cool Cool, could I be a beta tester, not that I've beta tested anything before ohmy.gif but it wouldn't get into the wrong hands, and I have XDK 5558 so I could also take screenshots and do some nice reviews smile.gif.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users