goobes109

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 April 2004 - 10:48 PM

I hear everything about Evox, and stuff so why should I get the Xecuter BIOS instead of Evox? Or is Evox just a dashboard, and you need a BIOS to use it?

Some Questions:
1. Is the BIOS that comes with the Xecuter modchips the same one you can download off the site?
2. When you install an Xecuter modchip, it already has a BIOS, so all you need to do is run a dashboard like Evox?
3. Or when you install the modchip, you have to get the BIOS off the site, run that, then install Evox?
4. At the Xecuter site, it says "Legal BIOSes" to download, but if I understood correctly, the BIOS that comes with the chips are the legal ones, and then you download the illegal BIOSes that has all "the good stuff?" Or does Xecuter not make illegal BIOSes and the ones that download offf the site and stuff are the ones with "the good stuff?"

Thanks.

#2 r-o-b

r-o-b

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 11:22 PM

evoX is just a dashboard, you will need a bios to use it.

1. Correct. Same or newer.
2. No. The only function the bios included with your chip is allow you to flash a new bios onto the chip.
3. You need to flash the chip with a bios that you get from another source, boot off a boot disc you have made already, then copy evoX onto the HDD
4. Xecuter does have another bios, but it is not hosted on a website.

The tutorials provided on this site are great, follow them.

#3 ComputerDude5565

ComputerDude5565

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 13 April 2004 - 11:24 PM

1. Is the BIOS that comes with the Xecuter modchips the same one you can download off the site?

You cannot get bios off the site. There are not legal and have to be obtaind some other way. Dont ask how. The ones that come on the chip are leagal and will alow you to reflash.

2. When you install an Xecuter modchip, it already has a BIOS, so all you need to do is run a dashboard like Evox?

No the bios are legal and only let you upgrade.

3. Or when you install the modchip, you have to get the BIOS off the site, run that, then install Evox?

Right you have to get hacked bios. Not from a web site.

4. At the Xecuter site, it says "Legal BIOSes" to download, but if I understood correctly, the BIOS that comes with the chips are the legal ones, and then you download the illegal BIOSes that has all "the good stuff?" Or does Xecuter not make illegal BIOSes and the ones that download offf the site and stuff are the ones with "the good stuff?"

You can get legal bios because they are legal. You cannot not legal bios from the store or a website. The good stuff the boots unasigned code and what not. Have to be ubtaind a differnt way.

Last of all go to the noob forum and read. This has nothing to do with Team Xecuter chips. You could go to the bios forum too.

#4 ComputerDude5565

ComputerDude5565

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 11:26 PM

evoX is just a dashboard, you will need a bios to use it.

This is incorrect. Have you ever heard of M7.

Please continue this in the bios forum

#5 goobes109

goobes109

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 11:57 PM

http://teamxecuter.c...wdownload&cid=2

^That's where I saw the BIOS on their website. I guess it's just an updated version that comes with the chips? uhh.gif Can someone give me the tip?

I guess I shouldn't ask where to ask for or get the illegal BIOSes that Xecuter makes. dry.gif

Anyways, thanks for the help you two.

Is there anyway I can move this topic to the BIOS board or if any moderator sees this, please move it to the BIOS forum.

#6 ComputerDude5565

ComputerDude5565

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 12:08 AM

Yes those are legal bios updates. (Cromwell) If you want to upgrade the bios that came with you 2.2 ect.

#7 goobes109

goobes109

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 12:32 AM

Excuse me, but is this http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=198054 reffering to the illegal Xecuter BIOS?

And if it's appropriate to say this in the topic, do you burn the .nfo file from xbins onto a disc and just run it onto the Xbox? Or is that still not the right thing to download?

#8 ComputerDude5565

ComputerDude5565

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 01:00 AM

Excuse me, but is this http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=198054 reffering to the illegal Xecuter BIOS?

Yes that is illegal bios.

And if it's appropriate to say this in the topic, do you burn the .nfo file from xbins onto a disc and just run it onto the Xbox? Or is that still not the right thing to download?

The .nfo is just informaion that you see on you PC about the fixes and bugs and what not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users