Photo

X-ecuter 2 Lite External Switch Questions!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 EeK

EeK

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 December 2002 - 11:36 PM

Since there is a HUGE topic about how to install an external swith to the Matrix modchip, I was wondering if someone can help me with the same question, but this time with the X-Ecuter 2 Lite.

In their site, the X-Ecuter team says that their modchips comes packaged with a external switch. What does that mean? That I won't have to buy any external switches, just install the chip using the diagrams? Or I'll have to ask the technician to install a external swith for me?

I would really aprecciate some help. I want to mod my Xbox, and I want to go Live too, but I don't want to take any risks!

Edited by EeK, 27 December 2002 - 11:27 PM.

#2 gamerx

gamerx

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 12:51 AM

my lite did not come with a switch. go to radio shack, get some 30ga wire (I even used 2 pieces of cat 5 I had around) and a switch (radio shack part number RS275-615). It is a SPST (single pole, single throw) switch. Just solder the wires to the jumper for disabling the chip, the other end of the wires to the switch and you are done. Now all you have to do is figure out what position is enable and what it disable (not to hard to find out once you start your box up). Or you can do it with a continuity tester if you wanted before you start it up, but it really doesn't matter.

#3 Knuck3ls

Knuck3ls

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 01:10 AM

You dont have to solder to the switch.

You can find a female connector that matches with the ones on there and just solder to the female connectors. Makes it safer soldering to something that is only like $2...

Switches:
Toggle
Sliders

Connectors:
Female Connector

Outcome:
Switch
Almost
Connected
Finished

Can't find a link to but the female connectors as of yet..

#4 EeK

EeK

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 01:50 AM

Thanks for the replies. smile.gif

Your Lite didn't come with a switch, gamerx? Strange... Take a look at this:

Disable Switch

An external switch (supplied) that completely disables the mod from being detected. This has been tested with XBOX Live which apparently checks for a mod device (not confirmed), it has been reported that just as your discs boots simply turn the switch to OFF and everything works as normal (we have yet to test this ourselves and will update soon).

That's what Team X-Ecuter says at their site. Liars! LoL! biggrin.gif

Since it's not me that's going to install the modchip (I'd rather take it to someone with a little more experience, hehe), I think it should be no problem to ask for a external switch, if I supplly the necessary parts.

Thank you very much for your information, Knuckl3s. I'll see what I can do here in Brazil, because the nearest RadioShack is ten thousando miles away, hehe.

Just two more questions: the Lite version of the X-Ecuter 2 comes pre-flashed, right? No need to worry about BIOS and that kind of stuff?

Thanks in advance. wink.gif

Edited by EeK, 27 December 2002 - 02:00 AM.

#5 gamerx

gamerx

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 04:48 PM

correct, it is pre-flashed.

#6 cykiller

cykiller

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 27 December 2002 - 04:52 PM

and no the switch does not come with the chip, maybe u can find a site where they ship to Brazil, EeK
muhaha.gif

#7 EeK

EeK

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 11:35 PM

Thanks again, guys. wink.gif

Now that I created an account at X-Ecuter Forums, I could see the images Knuck3s posted. Wow! Is it that really simple? If so, I'll try to find a switch and a female connector here in Brazil, and ask the guy who will be modding my Xbox to install it for me. Just sold to the connector and then plug it on the chip, right?

Can I get a switch that has a LED built on it, so I know when it's on or off?

Edited by EeK, 27 December 2002 - 11:40 PM.

#8 Knuck3ls

Knuck3ls

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 28 December 2002 - 02:26 AM

I actually just went to a local shop, and they had the exact same Molex connectors as shown in those pics, since you found the forum, you know the product number biggrin.gif

#9 fpd3rd

fpd3rd

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 29 December 2002 - 04:18 PM

thats seems easy, but can you attach a LED to the switch, without causing problems?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users