• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nednet2002

nednet2002

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 09:12 PM

I want to try some of the exploits, but I don't know the IP address of my xbox. Does anyone know how to figure it out? I don't have xbox live, if that has any signifigence in the process.

#2 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 16 April 2004 - 09:42 PM

xbox will give u ip address after u install the exploit and run dashboards like avalaunch or evox.

#3 nednet2002

nednet2002

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 10:19 PM

Well, I'm on an unmodded xbox, so I can't do that. I found out how to do it a different way. I just plugged my xbox into my router, opened command prompt on my pc, and typed ping xbox . Wasn't too hard when I remembered how to ping computers names.

#4 Dan Wysocki

Dan Wysocki

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • Interests:Modding my xbox<br />Sleeping<br />Eating<br />Revo!
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 April 2004 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (nednet2002 @ Apr 17 2004, 12:19 AM)
Well, I'm on an unmodded xbox, so I can't do that. I found out how to do it a different way. I just plugged my xbox into my router, opened command prompt on my pc, and typed ping xbox . Wasn't too hard when I remembered how to ping computers names.

hate to dissapoint, but you wont gain ftp access on an unmodded, unexploited xbox, you will only be able to ping it...the only way you can ftp is if you use a modchip, or run an xploit first. You could, however, hot swap, they you can setup you xploit to gain ftp access to ur xbox, check out the tuts, and pinned topics...
beerchug.gif

#5 Kolk1604

Kolk1604

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 April 2004 - 10:37 PM

Cool, but that doesn't mean your Xbox has an IP address. In fact, if your running MS Dash that it's impossible. The MS Dashboard cannot assign the Xbox an IP addrees. You'll either need to chip it or softmod it and install a Dashboard of your choice. Preferablly MXM, Evox or UnleashX. You choose.

#6 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 17 April 2004 - 12:18 AM

no, thats not cool. every device connected to direct internet has an ip address. the ip address defines which isp are you are using, which region u r in. dry.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users