Posted 17 April 2004 - 07:06 PM

Using this case here: http://www.nzxt.com

300w Power supply
user posted image

AV and ethernet ports with electrical tape covering up unused holes
user posted image

Two 80mm rear fans
user posted image

I used a piece of acrylic to make an adapter for the motherboard.
user posted image

Power/eject wired up to main power button and Apache
user posted image

Window with lighted fan
user posted image

Front of drives
user posted image

LEDs in front of case
user posted image

Removable HDD
user posted image

Front intake fan
user posted image

Stuff left to do:
Assemble and install CPU cooling unit.
Fix TSOP.
Manage wires with zipties.

So what do you guys think?

Edited by deviation56, 18 April 2004 - 03:32 PM.

#2 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,996 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 17 April 2004 - 07:12 PM

Wow I so gotta do this been thinking of doing a PC Case conversion for some time but some of the pics I've seen don't seem to be that good. Can I have a closeup pic of that apache? I also think you should tidy up the cables for better air flow, and by the way what is that black stuff behind the window. Could you also take a pic of the whole case want to see what it's all like. Very cool havent seen a project like this in a while.

#3 deviation56

deviation56

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 17 April 2004 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (bucko @ Apr 17 2004, 09:12 PM)
Wow I so gotta do this been thinking of doing a PC Case conversion for some time but some of the pics I've seen don't seem to be that good. Can I have a closeup pic of that apache? I also think you should tidy up the cables for better air flow, and by the way what is that black stuff behind the window. Could you also take a pic of the whole case want to see what it's all like. Very cool havent seen a project like this in a while.

I'll try to get a closeup of the Apache a little bit later when I start working on the case again. Yeah I'll be working on ziptieing(sp?) all the cables down later on tonight. And the black stuff on the window is part of the case, check out this link: http://www.nzxt.com. You can also see an overall pic of the case there.

#4 Mattssogay

Mattssogay

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 07:28 PM

Good Job so far Deviation. Post More pics as soon as you can.

#5 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • 7,996 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 08:00 PM

I'll try to get a closeup of the Apache a little bit later when I start working on the case again. Yeah I'll be working on ziptieing(sp?) all the cables down later on tonight. And the black stuff on the window is part of the case, check out this link: http://www.nzxt.com. You can also see an overall pic of the case there.

Yer I kind of relized that, the case looks awsome on the site (and sure yours will once it's all finished). Thanks for getting the pic. when you can.

#6 wbio

wbio

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 09:55 PM

That looks pretty sweet, can't wait til it's done smile.gif

Do you like that case you got? I'm building a new computer and I wanted to get that case, but do you like it?

#7 deviation56

deviation56

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (wbio @ Apr 17 2004, 11:55 PM)
That looks pretty sweet, can't wait til it's done smile.gif

Do you like that case you got? I'm building a new computer and I wanted to get that case, but do you like it?

It's truly an awesome case, everything is extremely simple mostly because all the drive bays are slide-n-lock meaning you don't need any screws or anything and there's tons of other things... Search the case on google and you'll get tons of good reviews or you can go check out the forums on their website and you'll also find some good info there.

On another note, I've came up with a way to fit all 4 controller ports in one 3.5" drive bay and I've already test one out and it fits perfectly... But's its a lot of work, so I'd say expect some pictures in about 2-3 hours from now.

#8 Ebay.God

Ebay.God

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 17 April 2004 - 11:31 PM

in order to do it in the bay you would have to keep the face open all the time, i would put 1 pair on either side of the bottom of the case, and try to get some rubber tubing or something to make the cut look nicer if it looks like ass. awsome case.

#9 deviation56

deviation56

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 01:15 AM

Here's are some pics of the controller ports done... With the flash on it kinda does look like ass, but with normal light it looks perfectly fine...

user posted image

user posted image

#10 wbio

wbio

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 02:43 AM

QUOTE (deviation56 @ Apr 18 2004, 12:35 AM)
It's truly an awesome case, everything is extremely simple mostly because all the drive bays are slide-n-lock meaning you don't need any screws or anything and there's tons of other things... Search the case on google and you'll get tons of good reviews or you can go check out the forums on their website and you'll also find some good info there.

On another note, I've came up with a way to fit all 4 controller ports in one 3.5" drive bay and I've already test one out and it fits perfectly... But's its a lot of work, so I'd say expect some pictures in about 2-3 hours from now.

Sweet, I can't wait until I get it smile.gif

BTW, how much did you get it for? The lowest I've seen is at SVC for $85 w/ 420w PSU.

#11 brahm2

brahm2

Internet Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:I'm an EE student at the UofS in Saskatoon. I love guitar and drinking beer.. sometimes both.
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 April 2004 - 02:59 AM

Nice job on the ports.. looks like it's gonna be a sweet Xbox cool.gif

#12 tankertux

tankertux

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 18 April 2004 - 02:59 AM

Fix TSOP.

That's just a minor detail right? biggrin.gif j/k

#13 WaRnINg|

WaRnINg|

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 18 April 2004 - 04:57 AM

i dont really like the idea of an xbox inside of a computer case.. but this is looking good beerchug.gif

#14 deviation56

deviation56

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 05:10 AM

QUOTE (wbio @ Apr 18 2004, 04:43 AM)
Sweet, I can't wait until I get it smile.gif

BTW, how much did you get it for? The lowest I've seen is at SVC for $85 w/ 420w PSU.

I was gonna order mine from newegg.com for $94 with power supply but it was taking them forever to get them back in stock so I just ran down to my local Fry's Electronics and bought the case for $79.99 and a 300w PSU separately for $25 because they don't sell black cases bundled with PSUs...

#15 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • 7,996 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 09:00 AM

After you have done it all, do you think you could write a tutorial. The one on xbox scene is a bit old now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users