5 replies to this topic

#1 stealthgiga

stealthgiga

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 11:40 PM

Hi.

I wonder if there is a way to take screenshots of the currently playing games on my Xbox without the use of BIOS. Apps are fine. And I don't mind if the screenshot images are stored in the Xbox either, as long as it can be FTPed to PC.

I find a particular guide on Xbox-scene.com about capturing screenshots abit too hard sad.gif

#2 dacke

dacke

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 April 2004 - 06:55 AM

Dont think you can do that. The X-Box cant handle multitasking so running two apps isnt possible. So runninga a screenshot app and the game at the same time is impossible. You have to have the screenshot app in your BIOS...

Edited by dacke, 19 April 2004 - 06:55 AM.

#3 SigTom

SigTom

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 19 April 2004 - 10:04 AM

Always the cap card way.

#4 stealthgiga

stealthgiga

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 03:54 AM

Aargh.

Back to my attempt to learn about flashing BIOS... sleep.gif

(since I can't afford a capcard...)

#5 TMG8

TMG8

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Interests:well guess you need to ask to find out
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 22 April 2004 - 10:08 PM

wink.gif how hard is it really? i have Visual basic 6.0 screen shot code that lets me take a shot of what i have on my computer screen

couldnt you just take something like that which is found in msdn or something on www.MS.com? just transfer the code styled like xbox xdk or something run a patch on a default.xbe kinda like the tHc dash where you hold L+R+ White i think? it saves the screen shot to E:\\

the code is out there, the tools are out there, you just need to do it

#6 ViNCe_V

ViNCe_V

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 22 April 2004 - 10:53 PM

The screenshot capture guide on x-s currently is too hard. I tried following it too and it took me over a month to meet all its requirements and do everything. But, you can follow my guide to setting up the XDK. After that is set up, you can use the xbox neighborhood tool to screen capture. The capture instantly comes to your pc across the network and is stored in your My Pictures folder.

[edit]
The debug bios's currently available are greater than 256K, which means that you lose the ability to play games like Halo ohmy.gif . This hurts because the main reason I did the screen capture was for Halo. However, there is a 256K bios in the works and hopefully it is released soon biggrin.gif .
[/edit]

Edited by ViNCe_V, 22 April 2004 - 10:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users