• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sting0r

sting0r

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 10:57 PM

Ok, so I messed up. I have an enigmah mod and i unlocked my xbox drive w/ configmagic. What are my options to fix it? I dont want to manually flash tsop if i dont have too - i dont have the tools to do it (ie. mobo w/ 2megabit). Nothing with boot cause i have an enigmah 29 wire mod. All I get is a service menu.

I thought about putting the drive in a friends xbox and locking it, but won't that give the drive my security key???? I know I shouldn't have messed around with this new proggy, I just thought that the problem with the enigmah was that it couldn't be upgraded to a bigger hd cause the drive couldnt be unlocked.

Please help????

#2 octoped

octoped

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 December 2002 - 01:14 AM

There are a few options you could do but i'll need to know the following to work out the best solution.

1) Firstly, did you write down the HD code before unlocking?

2) Did you backup the epprom before unlocking.

3) Have you ever used the Backup Option in evo-x

4) You you have a freind with a modded xbox (but not the enigmah old style chip)

#3 sting0r

sting0r

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 December 2002 - 03:55 AM

1) unfortunately no
2) no
3) was this in the original evox? i don't think I ever did
4) yes

no what????? thanks for your help

#4 octoped

octoped

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 December 2002 - 11:11 AM

Now you've got 2 choices that I can think of.

1) On the off chance, take the HD round your mates house that also has evo and check on the C:/ drive to see if there is a folder called "backup", if its there it should contain a file called hdinfo.txt, which will tell you your hard drive unlock/lock code.

If you've got the hdinfo.txt file follow the guide here LINK

2) If you havn't got the hdinfo.txt file then you will need to buy LPC Mod chip so that you can get back into the drive. (if your freind has a matrix chip maybe he would lend it to you just long enough for you to re-lock the drive.

Good Luck smile.gif

#5 sting0r

sting0r

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 December 2002 - 09:12 PM

so you think i can buy a matrix mod and plug it in? I don't need to do anything special with the enigmah modchip that is in there? The matrix mod will over-ride it?

thanks again..

#6 octoped

octoped

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 December 2002 - 10:07 PM

Yeah the Maxtrix chip will override the onboard bios and the Enigmah. smile.gif

#7 Questioner

Questioner

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 02:31 PM

I'm in the same situation...can't relock my default xbox hard drive. I just decided to buy a matrix as well in order to run my xbox with the hard drive unlocked...I hope it works. So you don't even have to cut those two wires in my old enigmah chip?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users