• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 4099

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 07:34 PM

i cant do this part:
Your power / eject button should have turned orange (this worked). Then shortly after you will hear an orchestra singing. Now open up a DOS PROMPT, Type everything EXACTLY how it is here minus the “ quotes:
“telnet 192.168.0.64”
Then it will ask you for a username, its: “root”
Then it will ask you for a password, its: “xbox”
Now type this EXACTLY like this, without the “ quotes:
“cd ../../media/E/UDATA/4541000d/000000000000/raincoat”
Now you will see “#” , if you get something other then that, you don’t have the newest raincoat 0.7, GET IT BEFORE PROCEEDING!!!
(*NOTE* you will have to do the copying save to XBOX and memory card again).
Now type: “./raincoat -r orig_bios.bin” and the “.” Is needed. This will backup your current, original BIOS.
Now type: “./raincoat -p bios.bin” and take a DEEEEP breath, and don’t move. It’s now flashing with your new BIOS.
*NOTE* REMEMBER to type everything exactly how I have it here, or else this will not work for you.

it wont connect do i need a different cord i have a not mixed up cord and got the nic out of my friends pc maybe it don't work if i go get new one how do i set it up so it work for xbox thing

i am runnig 98se and 2003 sever..... biggrin.gif

Edited by 4099, 19 April 2004 - 07:35 PM.

#2 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,752 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 19 April 2004 - 07:37 PM

make sure your PC is on the same IP range (192.168.0.***) with a subnet of 255.255.255.0 and that you are using a crossover cable (not standard straight through)

and just to point out

Now you will see “#” , if you get something other then that, you don’t have the newest raincoat 0.7, GET IT BEFORE PROCEEDING!!!

the # has nothign to do with your raincoat version, its put there by the linux shell before you even run rainoat, it will show up no matter what version of raincoat you have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users