CaliSurfer008

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Interests:Brahm is a whore
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 19 April 2004 - 09:48 PM

Just wanted to let all you UX users know that I just talked with UX and development has been going a bit slower...due to this thing called "life" laugh.gif...but there are some great things in the works...I'm very impressed...

stay tuned...New release by the end of the month!

#2 unleashx

unleashx

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 April 2004 - 06:16 AM

End of month is my target but that's being optimistic. Trying very hard though smile.gif

#3 Striker2k2

Striker2k2

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 07:43 AM

* waiting patiently * biggrin.gif

#4 Dunny

Dunny

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 05:24 PM

been impressed with the previous updates, look forward to seeing the next! wink.gif

#5 melon

melon

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 08:34 PM

take your time, im more than happy with the current version, got round to putting icons on the menu items today and i still have a lot to explore.

#6 DaShiZNiT

DaShiZNiT

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 April 2004 - 04:26 AM

the only thing Im really hopin for is the ability to delete games from the game list, so that users dont have access to any type of file explorer at all

(I hate fixing HDD's)

UnleashX is my favorite dash, and Im sure many others'!
we patiently await the release

#7 unleashx

unleashx

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 05:29 AM

QUOTE (DaShiZNiT @ Apr 21 2004, 01:26 PM)
the only thing Im really hopin for is the ability to delete games from the game list, so that users dont have access to any type of file explorer at all

That's already covered, can be enabled/disabled from the settings screen, and ask a confirmation which defaults to 'No' before doing so.

There's only one major feature I'm hell bent on adding for the next release. Most of the stuff I showed in the sneak peek is already there and some more. What's really keeping me busy is fixing the UI stuff -damn too much work, if you ask me.

#8 endo

endo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 05:57 AM

Sorry if this was already covered (or if you'd rather not reveal), but is there any chance of getting xlink kai integration in the new build? Im lovin the new build of media center with this feature.

Edited by endo, 21 April 2004 - 05:58 AM.

#9 BlaBLong

BlaBLong

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 12:30 PM

Yeah that would be great, I think UnleashX has a lot of goodies too present with the next release smile.gif

I was wondering, would it be possible to make an UnleashX DVD player? That would be superb and with this future it will be a true dashboard replacer!!

Keep up the great work!

#10 CaliSurfer008

CaliSurfer008

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Interests:Brahm is a whore

Posted 22 April 2004 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (endo @ Apr 20 2004, 10:57 PM)
Sorry if this was already covered (or if you'd rather not reveal), but is there any chance of getting xlink kai integration in the new build? Im lovin the new build of media center with this feature.

Kai is a WIP...so far UX has setup UX to accept Kai, but the creators of Kai have not yet given UX the code...

he is just waiting..probably won't be in the next release...

(I want this a lot too!!!)

#11 endo

endo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 10:40 PM

Hmm.. I guess I thought since the code was basically "out there", it wasn't an issue of waiting anymore. Oh well, I'm sure there's plenty of goodies in the new release, and it IS in xbmc - so it's not like it's a huge deal. I'll be happy with whatever we get...

#12 unleashx

unleashx

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 02:08 AM

QUOTE (endo @ Apr 23 2004, 07:40 AM)
Hmm.. I guess I thought since the code was basically "out there", it wasn't an issue of waiting anymore. Oh well, I'm sure there's plenty of goodies in the new release, and it IS in xbmc - so it's not like it's a huge deal. I'll be happy with whatever we get...

There's more to it than just implementing the code. I don't have XBMC sources and I'm not sure if Kai support code is included in the CVS release.

Team Ava, along with the guys doing XBMC is doing the libraries, I don't know who else is. It was clearly stated that Team Ava will have this feature as "their's first". Meaning, they will be the first one to implement it, then the rest will follow. I'm not going to delve into the reason why but I'm not going to be in their way of achieveing it either. Let them have the glory. I'm also not going to tell why XBMC released it first, I don't know the entire story and don't have the inclination to.

If I only know Kai specs, I could write my own code, but I don't, it wasn't release and I don't have the intention of hacking my way in. If somebody's doing it, well and good. If it can be integrated easily, even better. After all, what's to be missed if you don't have it on day one? If I'm missing on one feature, I sure will compensate on another. After all, there's no stopping you from using more than one app.

#13 PaCMaYNE

PaCMaYNE

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 April 2004 - 03:22 AM

whos on the UX team besides,,,UX?
not possible one guy can run the greatest dash biggrin.gif over the other "teams"

#14 unleashx

unleashx

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 03:28 AM

It's not possible. I have users like you giving out great ideas, and a set of beta testers to ensure I'm doing it right. Of course, I get help from fellow devs too. smile.gif

#15 CanuckGod

CanuckGod

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 06:24 AM

QUOTE (unleashx @ Apr 22 2004, 09:08 PM)
There's more to it than just implementing the code. I don't have XBMC sources and I'm not sure if Kai support code is included in the CVS release.

Team Ava, along with the guys doing XBMC is doing the libraries, I don't know who else is. It was clearly stated that Team Ava will have this feature as "their's first". Meaning, they will be the first one to implement it, then the rest will follow. I'm not going to delve into the reason why but I'm not going to be in their way of achieveing it either. Let them have the glory. I'm also not going to tell why XBMC released it first, I don't know the entire story and don't have the inclination to.

If I only know Kai specs, I could write my own code, but I don't, it wasn't release and I don't have the intention of hacking my way in. If somebody's doing it, well and good. If it can be integrated easily, even better. After all, what's to be missed if you don't have it on day one? If I'm missing on one feature, I sure will compensate on another. After all, there's no stopping you from using more than one app.

In the end, who cares it if takes a while, or even never sees the light of day, we can always use another app... the real point is, unleashx has worked hard to put in everything we have so far, and whatever will be in the new release we will love too. This is the first dash I've used that I felt I had real freedom to use, and for that, I thank unleashx immensely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users