• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 First_Degree

First_Degree

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 10:51 PM

I just want to start by saying how amazing I think unleashx truly is! The look and functionality of it are unequaled IMHO. I apologize if this has already been asked, but I extensively searched to no avail. I have a v1.0 XBox, modded with an exexuter 2.3B Pro and a 160GB WD hdd. I currently have the X2 4983 bios, and the 0.31.0229a (most recent) version of UX. My dilemma is that my C drive is around 499MB, E drive is around 4,881MB, F Drive is about 144,959MB, and the X,Y, and Z are all 749MB. My G drive, (which is enabled in the config.xml) says 0MB. I am not sure where the remaining 6-8 GB are. I created the partition, but for some reason I am not able to format it through UX, and utilize the storage. I don't get an error message, in fact it says "formatting complete". It might be that I already have enabled all of my storage space, but the figures seem a little too off. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanx a lot...

#2 Hectobleezy

Hectobleezy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 11:44 PM

make sure you got your g-drive enabled in the dash settings.

and on your bios.....it may be set to use f only. if you still have the file on your pc, use a bios tool to see if that bios is set for f & g or only f. im not sure if UX overides these settings.

Edited by Hectobleezy, 19 April 2004 - 11:47 PM.

#3 WabidWoveren

WabidWoveren

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 11:52 PM

ux cant override those settings unless
a. it patches the bios like evox does for igr
b. it loads a new bios like pbl

the bios defines the partition table, and once it is defined, im pretty sure a program cant see it

#4 First_Degree

First_Degree

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 11:39 PM

Heys, thanx for the replies! Two more quick ?'s: I feel dumb asking this, but here goes...is there a tool/way to adjust the bios settings that is already on my chip, or do I have to get a new bios, set it up proper and reflash. (It was flashed through someone else's machine, so I don't have the original bios file). Second, I have no problem reflashing, but I'm leary of losing all my data in the F: partition. If I reflash, and adjust settings, will I lose everything? Thanx for you time.

#5 MonteGuy

MonteGuy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 22 April 2004 - 10:42 AM

Good Morning,

Well the X2 4983 comes in two versions, one supports the extra partition and one doesn't. I believe you can tell them apart by the .06 and .67 extensions on the filname. (going by memory - should be close though)

Flashing your bios SHOULD not do anything to your hard drive at all - unless you physically format "F" drive your data should be fine.

Hope this helps

#6 lotw

lotw

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE (MonteGuy @ Apr 22 2004, 12:42 PM)
Good Morning,

Well the X2 4983 comes in two versions, one supports the extra partition and one doesn't. I believe you can tell them apart by the .06 and .67 extensions on the filname. (going by memory - should be close though)

Flashing your bios SHOULD not do anything to your hard drive at all - unless you physically format "F" drive your data should be fine.

Hope this helps

If you F: is already formatted past the 126g mark (Limit in the .67 BIOS) then your drive F: could become corrupt and you will loose some or all data on it if you reflash from .6 to .67. The only reason drive G: is there is before they found a way to break the 130g limit that is all there was, if you put a larger drive you would have no choice to have a G: drive. Now you can have a larger F:.

Since it is the same physical drive, there is no reason to even use drive G:, unless you want to organize your system, no speed or any improvements to having it.

#7 First_Degree

First_Degree

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 12:10 AM

If you F: is already formatted past the 126g mark (Limit in the .67 BIOS) then your drive F: could become corrupt and you will loose some or all data on it if you reflash from .6 to .67. The only reason drive G: is there is before they found a way to break the 130g limit that is all there was, if you put a larger drive you would have no choice to have a G: drive. Now you can have a larger F:.

Since it is the same physical drive, there is no reason to even use drive G:, unless you want to organize your system, no speed or any improvements to having it.

I'm starting to think i am actually using all the available storage. I know that hdd's stated capacity isn't exact, so that probably is why I only see around 152/153GB out of 160GB. What do you guys think. Does that seem about right, or do you think I shoul have more avilable? Thanx for the help. wink.gif

#8 WabidWoveren

WabidWoveren

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 12:28 AM

i can not belive how many people think .06 is for less than 137 and .67 is for larger drives.

.06 works for any drive under roughly 260 gigs.
.67 works for any drive up to 401 gigs then the g drive will start to go corrupt after the 256th gig of the G drive.

Only advantage to using .67 on a drive under 260 gigs is to save data.

#9 unleashx

unleashx

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 April 2004 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (First_Degree @ Apr 23 2004, 09:10 AM)

I'm starting to think i am actually using all the available storage. I know that hdd's stated capacity isn't exact, so that probably is why I only see around 152/153GB out of 160GB. What do you guys think. Does that seem about right, or do you think I shoul have more avilable? Thanx for the help. wink.gif

You are getting the entire thing. If your HD is 160GB, it's not exactly 160GB in the sense that HD manufactures uses 1000 both for KB and MB conversion when it should be 1024.

160*(1000*1000)/(1024*1024) would yield ~152.

You can veryfy this using your HD on your PC, check the properties and it's a lot "less" than the advertised size.

#10 First_Degree

First_Degree

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 06:04 AM

Hey thanx guys for all the input! Oh yeah, and to unleash . . . let me just reiterate how incredible this dash really is. I've done away with avalaunch, boxplorer, and just about every other unnecessary app (except dvd2xbox of course...love the acl scripts). UnleashX does everything these outdated apps did and more! Everyone I know now uses your dash, and we can't say enough good things about it. Great skins, preview vids, intuitive interface...the list goes on. Keep up the good work, and I can't wait to see what you are cooking up next.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users