10 replies to this topic

#1 munkiep

munkiep

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 01:08 AM

decided id give this halo modding a try...but there is no cache for it in my X Y or Z drive. i turn on a multiplayer game (bloodgulch) and after restarting nothing is there and i cant find cache003.map in any drive. also, i was reading an old topic and they said games are safe from being deleted because they are on the E drive, yet my games are on the F drive uhh.gif

Edited by munkiep, 20 April 2004 - 01:09 AM.

#2 ViNCe_V

ViNCe_V

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 20 April 2004 - 01:18 AM

Dont worry about having your games in the F drive, that doesn't change anything. The only thing I can recommend is clear out the X, Y, and Z drive in advance. Once empty, go to halo and play a few different maps. Then check back to the X Y and Z drive and hopefully something shows up. Your particular situation is extremely weird. blink.gif

#3 Acetylene

Acetylene

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 April 2004 - 12:52 PM

You could also try refreshing in your FTP program when you are looking at the X, Y, and Z drives. Sometimes that helps me.

#4 munkiep

munkiep

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 06:33 PM

i deleted everything out of th4e drives, there were some files from ninja gaiden in there. but even after loading halo and playing blood gulch, there was still nothing there...i guess ill give it a try once more and refresh the ftp program like acetylene said

#5 munkiep

munkiep

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 06:34 PM

...still same situation

Edited by munkiep, 20 April 2004 - 06:36 PM.

#6 XBOX War3z

XBOX War3z

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 20 April 2004 - 06:42 PM

Are you using Avalaunch because there seems to be a prob with ava not showing the Z partition
Other thing is to make sure that you are not using a cache list in your ftp client (eg in FlashFXP)
So I would try maybe using another dash, other ftp client and otherwise you can always use my Halo Cache Editor which you can find on Xbins, v0.7 should show the partition the halo cache is using on the Information page smile.gif

#7 Moleman

Moleman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (XBOX War3z @ Apr 20 2004, 03:42 PM)
Are you using Avalaunch because there seems to be a prob with ava not showing the Z partition
Other thing is to make sure that you are not using a cache list in your ftp client (eg in FlashFXP)
So I would try maybe using another dash, other ftp client and otherwise you can always use my Halo Cache Editor which you can find on Xbins, v0.7 should show the partition the halo cache is using on the Information page smile.gif

Speaking of HCE..............v0.8

lol j/k

#8 JoePo

JoePo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 12:38 AM

Yea, I run avalaunch as my main dash, and it seems like if the cache files are in the same x,y,or z drive as the avalaunch temporary files then you won't be able to see them with avalaunche's file manager or by FTP. And this happens often considering avalaunch files are often in 2 out of the 3 drive letters.

So the only alternative I know of would be to use a different dashboard or a different program to FTP. I usually just temporarily switch to evox.

But yea if you're just trying to patch the files and don't need to edit the cache on your computer, then just ftp the ppfs and patch w/ HCE.

and about a HCE v0.8, it would be nice to do a few more things w/ it. One being the ability to decompress halo map files and put them into the cache without having to run halo. It would save time for people, well only like 20 seconds each time you needed a blank map, but that adds up (and I'm a lazy mofo). Other than that, just adding more advanced editting options would be nice. But HCE rules!

#9 munkiep

munkiep

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 04:24 AM

evolution X (dash), flashFXP (ftp client)

#10 manipulator

manipulator

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 06:00 AM

QUOTE (munkiep @ Apr 21 2004, 06:24 AM)
evolution X (dash), flashFXP (ftp client)

How new of EvoX?
I've had problems with newer versions of EvoX on FTPing.

#11 munkiep

munkiep

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 05:02 PM

evolutionX V392

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users