20 replies to this topic

#1 liteon6x

liteon6x

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 11:40 PM

i was useing unlockx today to use my 20 gig seagate hdd in my xbox i cloned my 8 x box drive gig and every thing got the pass word for the new drive from live info when i was typing this password i accedentally inserted a wrong key now when i try to unlock my drive with the real key i cant get acess to the drive(because of the first wrong insert).
can some one help me all so i was using a cd boot disc so i dont have the password file saved on a floppy agian help me please

#2 ZincOXiDE

ZincOXiDE

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 01:59 AM

My understanding of it is that you have to have the password to unlock the drive again... I take it you don't know what you typed in (where the mistake was). If you do just use that to unlock it and do it again.

#3 ldots

ldots

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 08:21 AM

Without the "wrong" inserted passwd your only chance is to gess the "mis-type".
The lastest version of xboxhdm will ask you to write down the passwd used and to save the logs to a floppy if running unlockx from CD. Let this be a warning everybody sad.gif If you have xboxhdm_V1.0, please get v1.1 which should warn people about using unlockx from CD and provide the savelog command.

Edited by ldots, 21 April 2004 - 08:58 AM.

#4 liteon6x

liteon6x

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 09:25 AM

OH SHIT NOW I LOCKED MY ORIGINAL DRIVE but this time i used the right keybut the drive cant unlock i think its a glitch in unlockx so now my xbox is useless i have the eeprom key though and hd key some\body help me can partion magic or some other software format the drive to a unlock state without the password

help please

#5 ldots

ldots

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 09:53 AM

You cannot format you way out of a locked drive. The drive will simply not acces any IDE commands untill the UNLOCK code is sent ot the drive. Use the locking/unlocking tools from floppy man! Then you have the log files....

If you know that you used the correct key then you should be able to unlock the drive again on the PC. If unlockx doesn't work try the hdunlock tool.

Also check that your IDE cables are firmly attached and that you didn't bend a pin.

#6 Grospolina

Grospolina

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 21 April 2004 - 12:24 PM

If you can't guess your password, then you might as well throw the hard drive away. 20 GB isn't all that much anyways.

For your 8 GB hard drive, try using atapwd/hdlock/hdunlock/hddisabl. Sometimes it works where UnLockX fails (and vice versa).

#7 liteon6x

liteon6x

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 12:55 PM

ok i got back my 20 gig seems unlock has a glitch (with passwords) after all my problem now is i made a back up of my ori hdd i was restotroing it with hdd driver then light when off during the process when i boot back into windows it says that drive is 809mb and that it cant format when i open hdd driver it say no xbox hdd what can i do to get back the space.

#8 Grospolina

Grospolina

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 01:09 PM

Formatting it in Windows won't help you. Either clone your 8 GB drive to it again, or use ldots' xboxhd linux CD to recreate the FATX partitions.

#9 liteon6x

liteon6x

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 04:12 PM

i am in some deep $hit i still cant get back my original hdd space when i wipe the partions using idots pac and reboot back in windows i still cant get back the 20 gig it says 809mb (because of previous hdd cloning had stop suddenly)i have acess to no more hdd for now so i am stuck i installed idots package created a new hdd from scratch but xbox boot to dash and froze i did not get a clock on the screen or nothing like that it just froze
is it possible to get back my partion space so i can try again

#10 ldots

ldots

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 05:14 PM

Please try my package again. But use option 4) first to wipe the existing partition table before rebuilding. And of course be sure you packed the C-folder on the CDROM with working system-files (maybe use Slayers Evox and get what you need from /SYSTEM/ALL/c ).

#11 liteon6x

liteon6x

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 07:44 PM

i am having a really bad day i use your option 4 in the package but the drive is still not clean still shows 809 mb i notice when i use my original hd files (on the c and e dir} instead on slayer i boot to dashboard but i get no menus not even the clock screen when i use slayer files i get a error 21 is there a way to do a full format like one that takes a while to complete please help me

#12 Grospolina

Grospolina

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 08:10 PM

Where does it say that it's 809 MB? When it's detected by the BIOS? In Windows' Device Manager? Somewhere else?

Also, could you please use punctuation (at least periods)? It's hard to undestand what you're saying.

#13 ldots

ldots

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 08:13 PM

OK - it really sounds like your drive is messed up. Most lilke from this crashed HDDriver run. Sounds like the geometry of the drive is all of a sudden wrong??? I mean even if you put a stock (but unlocked) xbox HD in windows it would show as 8Gb/10Gb - regardless of the filesystem. I'm not sure formatting will do any good. Think some parameters are set wrong on the drive... I'll get back to you if I get any ideas.

#14 liteon6x

liteon6x

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 08:30 PM

thats it exactly, even hdd driver says that the goemerty is incorrect, when i try to restore the image,it took a long time but its like it didnt do anything to the drive,
the drive does show not in windows and in partion magic and other software it says 809mb
i will be wait for your helpful reply thanks

#15 Xboxhakur_band

Xboxhakur_band

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 21 April 2004 - 08:55 PM

This sounds more like a cable issue to me. If BIOS detects the size incorrectly, it is 9 times out of 10, a cable problem. Try a new, or at least, a different cable.
Other possible problems could be a faulty controller on the drive or sector 0 is bad.

To answer the topic... How tall r u? jester.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users