4 replies to this topic

#1 andwhutnot

andwhutnot

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 06:15 PM

I have enabled "newsfeed" in my config.xml, which already included two news feed links. Unfortunately, I cant get the newsfeeds to show. The newsfeeds in my xbmc work perfectly, so I know it's not a connectivity issue.

I looked around and discovered that the skin needs to support newsfeed, so I can only assume that the default skin does not.

Does anyone know of any skins that work with newsfeed?

Better yet, what string should I add to my favorite skin's .xml to show the newsfeed? I tried it myself, but nothing happened. Here is what I added:

<Text Left="605" Top="390" Align="Right" Color="0xFFFFFFFF" Source="Newsfeed"></Text>

Is that wrong? Can the default skin be edited to show newsfeeds? to show G:\ space too? Let me know...

#2 WabidWoveren

WabidWoveren

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 09:09 PM

it helps to know what skin, and past 600 pix is a pretty far place to put ur rss, are you sure it isnt outside your overscan.

#3 lotw

lotw

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (WabidWoveren @ Apr 21 2004, 11:09 PM)
it helps to know what skin, and past 600 pix is a pretty far place to put ur rss, are you sure it isnt outside your overscan.

Even if it isn't outside the overscan it only leave a little space for the news to show.

#4 andwhutnot

andwhutnot

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 04:21 AM

by "my favorite dash" I meant.. any ol' dash. Right now, I have it on "Blue Athloni_FINAL," a great dash that would be way better if it had newsfeed. The skin that I messed with is the Green_Reloaded. I tried to get the newsfeed to scroll above the IP.

I dont know exactly what string to put into my config... your responses make it seem that you guys do.

Basically, I want the newsfeed to scroll across the screen. Top or bottom. It doesnt matter.

and past 600 pix is a pretty far place to put ur rss, are you sure it isnt outside your overscan.

I dont know what you mean by RSS or overscan, but I put it right above my IP address on the lower right side of the screen.

Even if it isn't outside the overscan it only leave a little space for the news to show.

Ok, so... how did you know that? How can I make it have more space to show? Has anyone gotten the newfeed to work? If so, what did you add to your config.xml?

#5 tweaqr

tweaqr

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 24 April 2004 - 10:37 AM

try

<Text Left="0" Top="390" Width="600" Color="0xFFFFFFFF" Source="Newsfeed"></Text>

in the skin .xml

that should put it all the way acrost the bottom of the screen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users