36 replies to this topic

#1 xxZ0NExx

xxZ0NExx

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 08:08 PM

Yesterday I tried turning off my modchip with the enable/disable switch with the XECUTER 2.3B Lite. It turned off and loaded the msdash great. Now today when I try putting it on disabled (turning off the modchip)..the red light shows on the external switch, but the modchip doesn't turn off and still says "XECUTER2" and loads the EVOX Dash ( I even see the blue lights through the side of the case ). I don't get it. I may have put a bit of pressure on the enable/disable switch yesterday, but not enough to do this, plus the thing is pretty well built even though it is practically a naked switch. So can someone help me on this? Please... sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

Oh yeah...specs:

XBOX v1.3 + Samsung Drive

PS: Oh and also the Bank 1 and Bank 2 switch works..I can't really check unprotected and protected, but I think those work as well.

Edited by xxZ0NExx, 21 April 2004 - 08:16 PM.

#2 xxZ0NExx

xxZ0NExx

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 09:04 PM

Please anyone?....This thread is drifting.. sad.gif

#3 dmack_901

dmack_901

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Interests:N/A
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 April 2004 - 12:16 AM

I guess you broke the switch. Does it feel broken? You can allways replace it. I'd grap a switch from some place like Radio Shack or something, and solder it on to replace aparently broken one. It couldn't hurt.. unless your like me and burn yourself everytime you try to solder. (too bad I didn't have another hand.

Edited by dmack_901, 22 April 2004 - 12:18 AM.

#4 Rylinkus

Rylinkus

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 22 April 2004 - 12:23 AM

If you can find out if the X2.2 switch plate and the 2.3 are compatible I have an extra I could send ya.

#5 A@ron

A@ron

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 22 April 2004 - 12:35 AM

many of the xecuter resellers sell the switches for the 2.3b lites... check their official web page and then the reseller links. If you have a multimeter you can check the continuity between the D0 point and the ground ring with the switch turned off. If there is no resistance between the D0 and ground ring with the switch off I'd say the switch broke (DO NOT do this with the power on).

A@ron

#6 xxZ0NExx

xxZ0NExx

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 12:40 AM

Well I posted this on TeamXecuter forums and..

And Martin C. said..

The only way to test the switch is to unplug it from the modchip. If the Xbox boots normally (MS on the bootup), then you have a broken switch. If you remove the external switch module then the chip goes into disabled mode. If you see MS then you need to fix or replace the switch.

Once I did that, I got the Cromwell Bios Screen.

Then he says...

If you've unplugged the external switch and you're getting Cromwell, then the next step is to try removing the chip. Let me know what happens.

And now I am saying..

Shoot, my XBOX is now fragging. The first time I did it which it also fragged, I forgot to disconnect the ground wire. Could have that caused it and could it have crapped my xbox more? Or was it bound to happen.

What do I do now... ??

There is no still response yet from him. Please if anyone knows how to fix this or can answer me questions, please do. sad.gif

#7 alsybub

alsybub

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • Location:South Coast, UK PlayStation3 Version: v1.0 Nintendo Wii Version: v1.0

Posted 22 April 2004 - 12:53 AM

woops!!!
might have corrupted the chip, ull have to reflash the chip with a programmer or do a hot swap on another xbox (if ur really nice to someone witha pinheader)

#8 xxZ0NExx

xxZ0NExx

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE (alsybub @ Apr 22 2004, 02:53 AM)
woops!!!
might have corrupted the chip, ull have to reflash the chip with a programmer or do a hot swap on another xbox (if ur really nice to someone witha pinheader)

Please tell me how I might have corrupted it?

#9 alsybub

alsybub

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • Location:South Coast, UK PlayStation3 Version: v1.0 Nintendo Wii Version: v1.0

Posted 22 April 2004 - 01:07 AM

by shorting the chip when messing around with it i accidently have done this twice now, just reflash it

#10 xxZ0NExx

xxZ0NExx

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE (alsybub @ Apr 22 2004, 03:07 AM)
by shorting the chip when messing around with it i accidently have done this twice now, just reflash it

How could I have shorted the chip?

#11 alsybub

alsybub

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 01:12 AM

could be many things, the chip wont be useless, is ur xbox fragging even when the chip is completely removed?

#12 xxZ0NExx

xxZ0NExx

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 01:13 AM

QUOTE (alsybub @ Apr 22 2004, 03:12 AM)
could be many things, the chip wont be useless, is ur xbox fragging even when the chip is completely removed?

Yes, the xbox is fragging when the chip is completely removed.

#13 alsybub

alsybub

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 01:15 AM

then yeah sounds like u shorted it cos sometimes it will corrupt the tsop as well, which obviously then means it will only boot with a working chip, unless u flash the tsop.

#14 xxZ0NExx

xxZ0NExx

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 01:17 AM

QUOTE (alsybub @ Apr 22 2004, 03:15 AM)
then yeah sounds like u shorted it cos sometimes it will corrupt the tsop as well, which obviously then means it will only boot with a working chip, unless u flash the tsop.

How could have I shorted the tsop? How do I reflash that?

#15 alsybub

alsybub

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 01:21 AM

just believe me that its been shorted or u wouldnt get these symptoms, ok. If you wanna flash the tsop u need to be real precise with a soldering iron and also find the tutorial on xs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users