Photo

THc LITE Or THc Original

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Poll: tHc LITE or tHc Original

tHc LITE or tHc Original

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 FoxRacR17

FoxRacR17

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Interests:Ummmmmmm.........XBOX??!! And GIRLS!!!
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 April 2004 - 03:00 AM

Personally, i prefer the original, i really dont see any improvements in LITE, sure it has really easy skinning, and an awesome "intro movie" but the original is so much better in my opinion, i like how i can change the first 4 tabs. Honestly, who goes to memory? Most of those on the scene has an 120 gig or bigger HD and i'm sure that they are not worried about a game save taking up 20 gigs. And WHY have a music tab when all you do (for LITE) is press X to bring up the music manage and then press X again to bring up soundtracks??? And i also liked how it said what soundtrack and track was currently playing in the lower left had corner. So for me, its original, they hyped up LITE to be more then it really was, i sure do hope FINAL lives up to mine and others expectations.

#2 Jav

Jav

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 03:03 AM

What do you mean "i like how i can change the first 4 tabs" you can change the tabs in lite also unless im thinking of something else but I dont think a button style make that much of a difference does it?

I like lite because its just in beta release and I got to skin it the first day, I could never skin the thc original and ive tried even since i got it when the auto installer came out.

Edited by Jav, 22 April 2004 - 03:06 AM.

#3 Xbox-Savage

Xbox-Savage

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • Interests:To Sleep with your mommy.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 22 April 2004 - 05:33 AM

rolleyes.gif since you dont have THC Final has a vote, i voted for THC LITE , will use it until THC FINAL is ready.

#4 discworld

discworld

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 22 April 2004 - 06:43 AM

wow! how could you NOT prefer lite? its the bees-knee's!

skinning is incredable with it, I never got the hang of skinning the original; far too much work involved.

The music cp is excellent. the music menu is still needed to edit soundtracks, but admitidly that could go in the settings options.

Havn't you noticed how many brilliant little touches there are in LITE?
The bgm is integrated into the music menu, the cp pops up on all the subsections...how long do you have?

The xip structure is so much better organised and developed this time round.
Im in love with LITE.

#5 jC!

jC!

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts
  • Interests:Xbox - AudioPhile
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 22 April 2004 - 06:54 AM

I somewhat agree with FoxRacR. I liked alot of the features that were in tHc Original such as the Name and Title of the song, I liked the Clock (I'm one of the few that did) and the ability to easily change the main option arrangment. (I'm sure it's possible to change in Lite though, just not as simple.), and I liked the launch animation.

But...I do like some of the aspects of Lite...the new music manger of course is nice, it seems to run a little bit smoother, skining ROCKs! I had issues before when exiting XBMP, it would always stall on a CD/DVD Dirty screen (Reguardless if there was a disc in or not) So that kinda stuff no longer happens.

But I'm with the others...I hope Final brings back all the features from Original and impliment what Lite has, plus the handfull of other features it will carry. Just give us more On/Off options! Keep adding...don't taking away features!

#6 anekin007

anekin007

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 03:43 PM

i still havent had the chance to try out the light yet. maybe ill try it out this weekend

#7 FoxRacR17

FoxRacR17

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Interests:Ummmmmmm.........XBOX??!! And GIRLS!!!
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 22 April 2004 - 07:36 PM

Dont get me wrong discworld, i liked LITE, i like how it looks and especially the idea of easy skinning. But theres just a lot of features from the original that i miss. I would really like to be able to change the first Music and Memory tabs to Games and Applications because i never go into memory nor do i use the music tab because its much easier to press X anywhere in the dash to bring up the music manager. And also, config mode! I have NO idea how some people were able to bitch about that being to confusing! It was so simple, i mean the first time you started it up it pratically walked you through it, told you exactly what to do. Another advantage of config mode is what about those people who dont have their xbox always hooked up to a computer because their in seperate rooms? And if you put the wrong folder name for dashboards or something in the config.xbx then you wont be able to ftp to it and change it, not unless you have a evox boot disc. But i do congratulate you guys on all your awesome work, i just hope some features are brought back.

#8 Aron Parsons

Aron Parsons

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 April 2004 - 07:55 PM

I'm with FoxRacR17 on this; with a control panel for music, why have 'Music' on the main menu? And for 'Memory', seriously, how many people are in there managing their saved games that it would need to be front and center? I would only like to have "Emulators", "Games", "Applications", and "Settings" on the main menu. I personally dislike the "Hard Drive" tab, but I'm sure other people enjoy it. Put everything else in "Settings" and you're set.

I'm also quite aware it would be possible to alter the code to link directly to these menus, but I don't have the time to analyze the XAPs and change it around. Maybe if someone else has already done it, they can post it. The main menu setup is the only downfall to LITE IMHO. Wondeful work Gcue!

beerchug.gif

#9 EcL|PsE

EcL|PsE

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 07:58 PM

i thought i remembered u guys saying a while back that while using the manual config.xbx, u would keep the config mode aswell

#10 violent_bong

violent_bong

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 April 2004 - 03:12 AM

Original owns, it has WAY more features and goodies....
All lite has is easier skinning and memoryx.....but thats just my opinion...
Either way, Way to go tHc!

#11 Jav

Jav

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 04:41 AM

I did like the walkthrough in tHc original, one of the things that got me into tHc in the first place.

#12 kanaberra

kanaberra

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Interests:SK8, Music (electro-lounge-dub) & Geekin'

Posted 23 April 2004 - 04:45 AM

i started to "convert" some skins to Lite & perso i like it !

just one or two code snippets more and i'm ready to bring out some "Lite" skins (skin.xip + hexbe project) this evening wink.gif

just got some black podsupports on mainmenu, that i wish to be transparent, any ideas ?

i rejoin Xbox-Savage by using Lite until Final rel. is out !
just hope that the "Lite" skin process will be the same for Final (to preserve my future Lite skins lol

tHx tHc !!!

k

#13 Odb718

Odb718

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 April 2004 - 05:07 AM

OOOOH I see how it is Gcue!!! Suuuuure, when I post the same poll it gets trashed. It's all to clear now. j/k jester.gif

But I like the original better. I have it too personalized to try and switch and like it.

#14 Molly

Molly

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:Xbox of course.. and music like RetarOboT and MSI
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 23 April 2004 - 05:13 AM

i'd say the orginal is cooler.. if they could only fix the 30 min soundtrack lockup and some minor issues.. the new "easy config file" in lite sucks.. what's the point? and as first stated: the memory and music should be under settings, allowing one to launch apps directly.. yeye... it's all good though =)

#15 vintster

vintster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 06:38 AM

i'd say the orginal is cooler.. if they could only fix the 30 min soundtrack lockup...

There's a workaround for the lockup problem that makes the original much more friendly to use. All credits go to SSChevy on this one biggrin.gif

30min freeze workaround

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users