2 replies to this topic

#1 mcinturf

mcinturf

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 12:21 PM

I searched for this but so much damn info... I have a matrix with lates M7 bios and used XBtool to make one big F drive. I am ready to install new drive but am a little confused at this point. Do i still need to copy my system backup files to a disc if I use Slayers or XTC for example. Or do I just put the burned ISO in the DVD drive with the new hard drive hooked up and it does the rest. I've read the tuts but I am still confused about what or if I need the files that Evox backup produces put onto the new drive. If I do indeed need these, what is the best way to get them there.

#2 DenC

DenC

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 12:54 PM

I just went through this process. It's quite painless actually. Just install the new harddrive and boot up with Slayer's in the dvd drive. It then boots and there's the option to 'Prepare a Large HD w/ F: support". It copies all the system files needed. Simple as that. Hope that helps.

#3 mcinturf

mcinturf

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 03:05 PM

Yeah thanks. Just needed confirmation. I thought that was how it worked. My bios is the Evox M7. Newest ver I think. That should support the larger drives, right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users