7 replies to this topic

#1 PoopyMcPoopster

PoopyMcPoopster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 07:20 PM

I have a D-link 624 wireless router connected to my Xbox (by the D-link DWL-810+ ethernet bridge). I know the connection works because I have FTPed many files. I go to the "searching for other Xbox's" screen of Halo and try to host a game. Since it can't find my Xbox, I do a search for it. But in the "searching network adapters for an Xbox" screen, neither my router nor my bridge shows up.

I went to the Xbox Connect help and setup my router. It didn't specify which protocol to use (TCP or the other, I think it is something like UDP), so I used both.

Also, I think I was banned from Live, because when I tried to sign up for Live, it says "Xbox Live not found".

I think it is one of those things: the "Xbox Live not found" or the protocol, but I'm not sure. Can someone please help?

#2 hockeyguy

hockeyguy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 23 April 2004 - 07:41 PM

are both your computer and your xbox wireless?
This may be part of the problem. There is a Xbc section that you should check out.

click me

Edited by hockeyguy, 23 April 2004 - 07:42 PM.

#3 PoopyMcPoopster

PoopyMcPoopster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 07:45 PM

Yeah, I know about it. I posted this question there first, but it moves really slowly.

And, if I get what you're saying, no. My computer is connected by cable to the router and the router sends/gets signals from the ethernet bridge wirelessly. The computer connected to the router is the one directly connected to the internet.

#4 PoopyMcPoopster

PoopyMcPoopster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 09:00 PM

I am asking this question because I think I need a new eeprom. I had called Xbox help and they said my serial number was screwed up (talking about why I couldn't sign up for Live).

Is it most likely that I need a new eeprom?

#5 Xboxman20

Xboxman20

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 23 April 2004 - 09:16 PM

No eeproms dont matter on xbox connect only on xbox live smile.gif

#6 PoopyMcPoopster

PoopyMcPoopster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 09:35 PM

So do you know what they problem may be?

The Xbox rep said my serial number must be incorrect. I assume he means my eeprom (some other people on this site told me).

#7 Xboxman20

Xboxman20

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 23 April 2004 - 09:38 PM

I have to read your post i never read the entire thing ill reply after i reread it lol

#8 PoopyMcPoopster

PoopyMcPoopster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 10:25 PM

I was thinking that the eeprom was what allowed you to connected to the internet with the Xbox. So if it is banned, you wouldn't be able to connect to XBC either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users