1 reply to this topic

#1 MrSelfDestruct

MrSelfDestruct

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 11:59 PM

I finally got my hands on tHc Lite, and it looks great.

Im trying to figure out how to apply skins to tHc lite. I downloaded Glitch's skin pack (the skins look badas btw, cant wait to see em) and I am trying to apply them to the dashboard.

My question is, Exactly how do I apply them? I have read all the tuts i could find, and they all seem to be geared towards the non-lite version of tHc.

When I download a skin, most all of them only have the skin.xip file. I put this skin.xip file in my tHcdata folder, but the only thing it changes is the background image. It doesnt change the xboxlogo in the center, nor does it change the color of the orb, arms.....etc. I have read that you need to use "hexbe" to change the colors, but the tuts dont say HOW to use it. So ya.... how do i apply skins to this thing? any help would be greatly appreciated

#2 ScOrPiOn-X

ScOrPiOn-X

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 12:34 AM

Hi MrSelfDestruct

Here is a helpfull link for you Hexbe explained. o O (url working as of writing this reply)

Hope that this is the help that you where looking for.

And in regards to your other concern, about applying the skin.xip to tHc lite. All you have to do is overwrite the Skin.xip in tHcData and apply the Hexbe preset to the thclite.xbe.

Bare in mind that most skins will only change certain parts of the dash. If you want a more customisable dash, skin wise, than you might have to make your own Skin.xip and change everything that can be skinned.

There is a little app that you can use for making your own skins, it's called BMP2XIP.

A trip to xboxdash would be a good idea for apps and such.

Mind you this is how I understand it, if you would like more input in the matter than wait for others to reply. They might give you a bit more info.

Hope I could help.

GreetZ

PS: Here is a little link for the Hexbe Presets so you can apply the colors to you .xbe. Compliments to kanaberra smile.gif

Edited by ScOrPiOn-X, 24 April 2004 - 12:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users