X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 June 2004 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (mrcmax @ Jun 27 2004, 05:59 PM)
hey guys...i love what u have done with the templates...but i dont have photoshop...i have jasc psp 7...but i try and open it and it gets like 75% done loading it and then i get an undefined error 565...i have looked this up...and as it turns out...psp has trouble opening up psd's...any suggestions?...and no...im not looking to buy photoshop

You could try the Gimp http://www.gimp.org/ ... it can open photoshop templates

I'm also working with a friend on a program that will do basically the same thing... change the colors of yatta yatta... but keep that a secret... we are making some headway into it... it "works" right now, and looks pretty good... just needs to be fixed in parts... tongue.gif anyway, carry on, nothing to see here

#47 chilin_dude

chilin_dude

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,945 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 June 2004 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (mrcmax @ Jun 27 2004, 05:59 PM)
hey guys...i love what u have done with the templates...but i dont have photoshop...i have jasc psp 7...but i try and open it and it gets like 75% done loading it and then i get an undefined error 565...i have looked this up...and as it turns out...psp has trouble opening up psd's...any suggestions?...and no...im not looking to buy photoshop

Get PSP8, this is also my preffered tool and it works fine with it...
Thanks for this template, its very tempting to get into customising my xbox wink.gif

#48 mrcmax

mrcmax

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 27 June 2004 - 05:08 PM

cant wait blindbug...that will b so pimp!!! great job on the template though....it needs to b pinned...

#49 adil786

adil786

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 17 July 2004 - 09:59 AM

gr8 job on the template,

#50 flashfreak

flashfreak

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 October 2004 - 08:09 AM

psd stands for photoshop doucment, so thats why it doesn't open in PSP tongue.gif

plus im about try to the template, im sure it'll be great!

edit:
just tried it, found it difficult at the start but thne i got it, great job! huge file though and i realised that i need a new pc again! i was looking for a silver but then came out with this, and i like it!

user posted image

this template could've been better, with the eject light on a seperate layer, so u can change the light color and compare it with the paint. gr8 work though, im gonna try more and post em back here when im done.

also, im gonna try putting textures on the X to give it more of a painted look!

user posted image

this one kidna looks tropical wink.gif

Edited by flashfreak, 11 October 2004 - 08:58 AM.

#51 nortnil

nortnil

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 08:46 AM

blindbug you just became my new hero. I am planning on repainting the box sometime soon, and you did what I've been meaning to do but have been to lazy to do.

Thanks for sharing with the group.

#52 sokignano

sokignano

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 04:43 PM

Here's the design that my friend wants hes a big Yuna/FFX fan so here it is. smile.gif

user posted image

#53 eaks

eaks

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 02:14 AM

Thanks a lot for the template.. i am d/ling PSP8 so i will try it tomarrow.. i have read the painting threds but i was just woundering if u would tell how u get your colours so true!
thanks
PS: i am an amature so i need to know everything u use;) lol
thanks again man!

#54 blindbug

blindbug

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE (eaks @ Dec 4 2004, 03:17 AM)
Thanks a lot for the template.. i am d/ling PSP8 so i will try it tomarrow.. i have read the painting threds but i was just woundering if u would tell how u get your colours so true!
thanks
PS: i am an amature so i need to know everything u use;) lol
thanks again man!

I've had quite a few people inquire about getting my photoshop template to work in Paint Shop Pro (PSP) so I decided to add to this thread a response I gave on of those people who were having trouble, here it is:

The reason that my template looks so weird in Paint Shop Pro is that it was created and intended for Adobe Photoshop 7.0 or above. From the screenshot (below) you gave me it seems that all the layers are still there, you just need to get adjusted to the visible/invisible function of PSP. Check out the picture below and you will see what I'm talking about, its split into a couple layers (basic, medium, advanced and source)... just starting out I would suggest using the basic set. Make this set visible by clicking the little eyeball with the x over it beside of basic set so the X goes away. Then you will click on the individual layers to make it selected (beginner_x for example will change the "x" on the top of the xbox). Although unfamiliar with PSP, you will then change the hue of these layers by using 'Colors > Adjust > Hue/Saturation/Lightness'. Just play around with the hue to get the easiest results, add in the adjustment of Brightness, Contrast, Lightness and especially saturation to get more definite results of what you are looking for. Once you have changed all the layers you feel you need to change and you are done! Hope this helps!

user posted image

Glad to see this template is still used! cool.gif

Me and a friend were working on a simple color changing program for xbox called 'mirage box', we didn't finish it but it does change the colors with a few bugs. Here are a few screenshots of where we got:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

As you can see, it changes the color(s) doesnt make it very lifelike, just a very simple color change... Anyway, you can PM me if you would like the portion of the program we created, I might get someone to host it and add it to FAQ if anyone thinks is worthy jester.gif .

Thanks,
Nick

#55 blindbug

blindbug

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 06:26 PM

Here is a saved image of an xbox which has been color changed using the above program I mentioned:

user posted image

As you can see it is very pixelated at the edges, and the colors do not come out quite the same as what you might choose.

-Nick

#56 eaks

eaks

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 09:24 PM

alright.. so i cancelled my PSP8 d/l.. what software and version would u suggest i use?
thanks

#57 Camstheman

Camstheman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts
  • Interests:I like fat pusť
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 04 December 2004 - 09:29 PM

This template worked for me so much. btw, wher have you been blindbug?

#58 blindbug

blindbug

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (Camstheman @ Dec 4 2004, 10:32 PM)
This template worked for me so much. btw, wher have you been blindbug?

I really do suggest Adobe Photoshop 7.0 or above, Adobe's line of products are really geared toward the whole range of graphics consumers, from beginner to expert.

lol, to tell you the truth I just kinda drifted off the xbox forums at the beginning of my school semester because of the complaining happens all the time. I still troll around every now and then to keep up to date, but nothing big. I should be getting an airbrush real soon so you might see my name pop up a few times coming up wink.gif .

#59 eaks

eaks

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 10:37 PM

what are your suggustions on how to paint it? can u give a step by step on how to get the colours the truest? i have read all the painting posts (or most of them) i just wanna know how u get you colours so nice!
thanks

#60 big_xbox_n00bie

big_xbox_n00bie

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts
  • Interests:xbox modding, chillin with friends, playing cricket/football , Call of Duty , sleeping
  • 360 version:none

Posted 04 December 2004 - 11:06 PM

I can host too 40gig bandwidth per month biggrin.gif

Just let me know if you want me to mirror it

-Edit

Use photoshop Cs like i do and you forgot

http://www.good-tutorials.com From photoshop lins sad.gif

I wouldn't mind helping out with a fireworks version got latest photoshop and fireworks

-BxN

Edited by big_xbox_n00bie, 04 December 2004 - 11:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users