telo{+}

X-S Expert

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 April 2004 - 07:34 PM

Like the subject says, I cant just sit in the lobbby.

If I join a game then I have a window of ~15-30 seconds before it says "Game No Longer Available"

If I host then people can join and in roughly 15-30 seconds, they ALL leave instantly

I'm using 640k down 256kup DSL. My pings kinda suck (I've never seen it go below 120ms regardless of who I play). And *gasp* its a wireless pc connection. Xbox is wired to pc.

Now, once the game is going, its perfect (sometimes a little laggy cause i think qwest SUCKS), but no drop outs or anything.

Any ideas ?

#2 telo{+}

telo{+}

X-S Expert

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 05:22 AM

Update: I've found out that actually 59-61 seconds my ping goes sky high (6000ms) and that is when my games drop.

Now, I'm not certain, but i suspect that this has somthing to do with the wireless. I think there is somthing in my house that is messing up the wireless every 1 min. Maybe the cordless phone ? (Does a cordless phone need to 'ping' the base unit?)

The microwave has been off and nowhere near the router or adapter. The rest of the house is pretty low tech, so i think those are the only 2.4ghz devices...

Ideas ?

#3 telo{+}

telo{+}

X-S Expert

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 08:27 PM

SOLVED:

If your 802.11a/b/g and this happends to YOU. Chances are your using USB Wireless adapter your running XP and you still have Wireless Zero Configuation running.

To stop WZC, hit RUN, type services.msc and scoll down to Wireless Zero Bla Bla Bla, switch it from automatic to manual and stop the process as well.

This MIGHT make the connection drop out every 10-60min, if it does look for answers at wi-fiplanet.com or try google

#4 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 April 2004 - 09:02 PM

Cool, or just download the patch from Live

#5 telo{+}

telo{+}

X-S Expert

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 03:56 PM

Um.... No.

This is NOT a problem with splinter cell or xbc. It is a problem with XP and wireless USB adapters while you have the 'wireless zero congif' enabled.

It just so happends that every 1 min the WZC looks for new APs. This is supposed to be muted in the driver (but linksys drivers suck) and it seems splinter cell has a rather short timeout period. So, when it looks for a new AP, splinter cell thinks I dont really want to play so it boots me.

A Live Patch Will Do NOTHING For You.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users