6 replies to this topic

#1 GameGenie

GameGenie

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 11:02 PM

For some reason, my Manhunt backup freezes when I try to skip the first movie. EvoX recognizes the disc as a game disc, launches it, it comes up with the Rockstar logo then procedes to launch the movie. However, if I try to skip the movie, or if the movie finishes, the game freezes. What should I do?

I burnt using Nero Ultra 6 with Memorex DVD-R. I had a similar problem with Tiger Woods, but got that one to work on my second effort. Any suggestions, or is it a problem with my media?

My burner is a LiteOn 811s. I've had plenty of successful burns with it.

Memorex DVD-Rs have given me problems before, and I think that is where the problem lies. But why would the game just freeze up after loading the movie?

#2 GameGenie

GameGenie

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 11:15 PM

I tried the same Iso that I burnt the first time again, and still no luck. I'm going to try to repack it with Craxtion and burn again with nero.

#3 GameGenie

GameGenie

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 01:03 AM

Still no luck. Anyone have the total file size so I can double check to make sure I didn't lose or damage a file when I FTP'ed my Xbox? Mine is 2.32 GB as an iso.

#4 czwsecurity

czwsecurity

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 01:35 AM

dont forget to make sure your clock is set correctly in the ms dash, all of rockstars games seem to have an issue with this.

#5 GameGenie

GameGenie

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 02:12 AM

How can I set my clock?

#6 a2002adam

a2002adam

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 April 2004 - 01:57 PM

Yeh, it's definately the clock, I bought it today and it happened. Go into the 'Settings' part of the M$ dashboard and u can change the date from there. Oh, and btw, the silly fuckers at M$ designed the xbox so that if u unplug the cable from the back, the clock resets, so u have to change it again. So either waste electricity and keep it in, or take it out and keep correcting the clock. blink.gif

#7 Psilocybe

Psilocybe

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 April 2004 - 04:37 PM

if you use avalaunch as your bootable dash it will correct the clock for you, hell evox is normally the reason that causes it to fuck up anyway

also i ripped it with NexGen and haven't had any problems whatsoever

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users