X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Owning noobs in Halo.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 26 April 2004 - 01:11 AM

I was thinking that if like in Rainbow Six 3, you could modify a profile to give a mercenary night/thermal vision and motion tracking/electromagnetic tracking for a spy. Sounds pretty cool in theory, but still dont know if this is possible. The only reason I would like to find this out is because I have been living on SC:PT for the past 3 weeks playing 4 man lan parties, nonstop all weekend, every weekend, and I feel it is time to make the game a little more interesting. I am thinking of making it so that the dpad-up and dpad-down would control the extra visions. Please tell me if I am making a total fool of myself for asking such a question, or help contribute with answers.

Do not flame me for this, this is not to fuck over xbox live, it is for system link only!

#2 spl1ff

spl1ff

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 15 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 26 April 2004 - 05:02 AM

stop trying to cheat a good game & if its for system link why would you want to play with mercenarys who can see in the dark.

ov corse its for live just a silly way to cover it up.

plzz stick to hacking games on a pc dont try ruin xbox live good games

Edited by spl1ff, 26 April 2004 - 06:48 AM.

#3 mirx999

mirx999

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (spl1ff @ Apr 26 2004, 02:02 AM)
stop trying to cheat a good game & if its for system link why would you want to play with mercenarys who can see in the dark.

ov corse its for live just a silly way to cover it up.

plzz stick to hacking games on a pc dont try ruin xbox live good games

you're fucking stupid.

#4 TownJew

TownJew

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 10:22 PM

I'm not trying to cover anything up for xbox live, I just want to try something new, and I thought that giving a mercenary spy abilities or a spy mercenary abilities, but apparently no one gives a damn.

Edited by TownJew, 30 April 2004 - 11:14 PM.

#5 M6A4TS

M6A4TS

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 11:10 PM

There is no way this could be played on xbox live because the game needs to be on your hard drive to hack it. The only files hackable are on the dvd, which you would copy directly to your drive. I don't think he's looking for action replay stuff, just stuff like people have done with ThirdEchelonUser.ini and similar.

It's sad when people flame without giving people the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by M6A4TS, 30 April 2004 - 11:12 PM.

#6 mirx999

mirx999

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE (M6A4TS @ Apr 30 2004, 08:10 PM)
There is no way this could be played on xbox live because the game needs to be on your hard drive to hack it.

hence, my above post.

#7 childsremix

childsremix

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 03:15 AM

Well actually thats not true.. there is a way and I can say that it's known among quite a few ppl that you can do this on XBlive. Not having all four visual abilities but swapping them from spy to merc etc...

Edited by childsremix, 01 May 2004 - 03:16 AM.

#8 TownJew

TownJew

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 01:59 AM

Alright, after working in collaboration with M6A4TS today, we have come across some interseting splinter cell modifications. We have discovered how to change the amount of grenades you hold, the amount of mines you hold, the blasting range of smoke grenades, frags, etc... The place where you look to do this type of hacking is in the xbsbf.umd file. While in FlashFXP select the file and select edit, this shows you all of the things you may want to change. Second, you open this file up in a hex editor to modify the text. Now, the only bad thing about this is that if the number of something you want to change is only a sinlge digit number, it must remain a single digit number, and same for double digits. Still no luck on the visions, but we have gotten somewhere on it, hope someone else out there is interested in helping!

#9 M6A4TS

M6A4TS

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 02:22 AM

As TownJew stated, we did figure some stuff out, we found the spot where it specifies what key changes what vision, its something like Joy12 = SwitchHeadset 1 | SwitchHeadset 2, but it doesn't seem to work from Mercenary to Spy, we can set it so that the spy has double thermal, and etc, but when we tried changing the mercenary modes, nothing would happen and we lost motion tracking and electromagnetic all together, I will keep trying and try and make a more detailed post sometime.

#10 Trailer

Trailer

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 02 June 2004 - 12:41 AM

yo i was also lookin in the profile, and found something that was of similar layout to the RS 3 profile, i would experiment in changing things, however i would need the SC-PT XSavSig info, which i doubt anyone would give out.

Trailer

#11 SLuSHIE

SLuSHIE

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 June 2004 - 06:42 PM

that would be fuggin awesome! tongue.gif

#12 revello

revello

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 09:24 AM

@ M6A4TS:

You said it's possible to manipulate some techical files of the grenades, mines etc.

so is it even possible to set a amount of grenades, e.g. 10 instead of 5 for each new gameround?

I would prefer to start (as a merc) with 10 instead of 5 grenades.

THx, Floo smile.gif

#13 M6A4TS

M6A4TS

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 12:56 PM

Yes it is, I've started with as many as 99 grenades, might be able to go higher, but I haven't tried.

#14 revello

revello

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 01:34 PM

ok, thx for affirmation, but can you show me your log, or what you changed in the "xbsbf.umd", i made it like this, saved it but nothing changed:

i wanted to have 7 smoke grenades:

; -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
; GADGET - SMOKE GRENADE
; -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[SBase.SGadSmokeGrenade]
Charge=7
RefireRate=2
ItemName=Smoke G.

Maybe it's because my box has german language?

thx floo

Edited by revello, 11 June 2004 - 06:21 PM.

#15 TownJew

TownJew

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 01:21 PM

Alright, haven't posted in a while, but in order for you to get more smoke grenades, you are editing the wrong section, what you are editing is the "charge" which is what I'm guessing is how potent the grenade is, like the range that balongs to it. I haven't edited the xbfsd.umd since M6A4TS and I first hacked it, we haven't tried anything after that. Still, check in a different spot for smoke grenades, and I think it is possible to get 999 greanades also, even that much ammo. It's just we really have no use for any of these hacks, so we just play it normally instead of hacked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users